Chapter 23

A brother, a family, a loved one. Kisame was all of it. Itachi had taught them that. Where was Itachi by the way? Sasuke fought the urge not to cry as he flew into the woods behind the Akatsuki clan territory. Skillfully landing on a branch, Sasuke expertly flipped and silently landed on the soft ground where the shadows hid him. Using his hand to flip himself, he had caused his wounds on his arms to reopen. Blood slid down his arm, over his elbow down to his fingertips where it rained to the earthen soil.

One single word was mumbled through his tightly clenched teeth as he ran through the dark woods like he was running for his life or rathering, running to save another's life. The one and only,

"Naruto."

The scream echoed through them all as their only superior was covered in a cloud of dust from the constant fight. Everyone froze in time, staring in awe as three shadows appeared from the dust. Tenten gasped, covering her mouth as the guys couldn't believe with their eyes, mouths gaping with shock. Relief soon overcame them as Kakashi and Itachi stood around Kisame, holding back the two Akatsukis.

"You're late, Itachi." Kisame smirked.

Itachi stood his ground, making sure Sasori couldn't take another step towards his partner, as his calm composure sent chills through Sasori. Sasori didn't hesitate to use full force on Itachi, a smirk growing on his face.

"Nice to see you, Itachi. Didn't expect you to be a dropout like the rest." Sasori skillfully manuevered his sword to quickly swipe at Itachi's head, but his katana got in the way as Itachi's calm composure built pressure on his enemy.

"Not likely." Itachi countered. "I'm only wiping out the weak." Swinging his katana in circles, Itachi grabs it by the hilt and charges in. Sasori went into defense, blocking Itachi's strong attacks while inflicting his own attacks at the right time, but realizing that he was too concentrated on one opponent that he forgot Itachi's partner was right beside him.

Meanwhile, Kakashi was there holding back Hidan's crazy scythe spear. Hidan laughed like crazy as he fought against Kakashi. Kakashi dodged side to side, back and forth as the spear was swung everywhere. Hidan, frustrated, rammed straight into Kakashi, spearing the copy-nin in the chest. Hoping for some blood, he realized that the sound of the impact was different. Looking at the body, it was a log!

"You bastard! Don't play with me!!" Hidan screamed, catching sight of the copy-nin. Crazily, he charged in blindly, enraged at the substitution Kakashi had displayed. Kakashi easily saw it coming and jumped out of the way, leading the enraged man away from the battlefield, into the woods where Sasuke was thrown.

"Hah! What, are you running away?" Hidan taunted. "Come out come out! HEhehehehehe!!!"

Kakashi hid high in a tree from Hidan's sights as he held his signal in place. Hidan then appeared out of nowhere and took a chance to slice at Kakashi from behind when Kakashi immediately jumped out into view under the moonlight.

"Ahh, almost got me." Kakashi mocked, holding a kunai in defense. Hidan tsked as he jumped out of the tree and flew towards the copy-nin. Then his eyes suddenly averted to Kakashi's hands as it snapped.

Taking one swing at Kakashi, the Akatsuki took one swift step and jumped back where kunais flew his way. Hidan laughed at the cheap trip as he stood in stance, in ready for anything that came his way. Then some rustling took away his attention, giving Kakashi an advantage to take a blow on the Akatsuki.

Hidan easily jumped away again, laughing in mockery. "Hahaha! A Jinchuuriki I knew did better than this. He was lucky I killed him from any pai-" he was suddenly cut off as Sakura came out from the right and punched the hell out of Hidan, causing a tooth to fly out.