Chapter 8

Kankuro and Temari sat in a booth with their tea as they waited. Clang! Both Akatsukis’ looked up and spotted the Jinchuurikis, but narrowed their eyes as another accompanied them. The one named Shikamaru. The three casually went up to them and stood there, nodding in greeting.

“Sit down, Neji. Tenten. Shikamaru.”

The three sat down and watched cautiously.

“I thought it was only you two. How come he had to tag along?” Temari glared at Shikamaru.

“Oi. I didn’t want to come either.” Shikamaru replied, annoyed.

She sat back, keeping an eye on him. “We’ve got nothing to tell you guys, if that’s what you want to ask.”

“Temari.” Kankuro warned.

“What? It’s true though.” she said calmly. “You guys aren’t here just to be on friendly terms like we were. You guys only want the information that we don’t even have access to.”

“Stop lying, you bitch!” Tenten pointed. “You guys helped kill the innocent people in that club. You guys are too be blamed as well!”

Neji pulled her down back into the seat. “I’m not sure what happened there, but I want to know why you guys didn’t kill us? Or attempt to?”

“Like Temari said, we were there on friendly terms. We didn’t know that our own leader would plan to kill you guys.” Kankuro answered before Temari could.

“Or it could just be one of Akatsuki’s plan to kill us one by one.” Both Akatsukis shot a glare at Shikamaru, who just returned a calm look.

“You guys wanted the truth, didn’t you? The truth is right in front of you! We’re shoving it in your faces, but you guys won’t even accept it. What do we have to do? Strip!?” Temari flared in anger, although she sat there with calmly.

“But is it an exact truth?” Shikamaru asked.

Temari glared dangerously at him, hating his guts, face, brain, and thoughts. “Kankuro, let’s go.” she stood and readied her bag when Kankuro pulled her back down. The Jinchuurikis expected Kankuro to followed, but were slightly surprised when he pulled Temari back down.

“Look.” he pointed to another booth across from theirs.

All four teens turned to where Kankuro was pointing and spotted Kiba and Gaara together. They couldn’t believe it. Enemies hanging out? The Jinchuurikis turned back to Kankuro for an explanation.

He shrugged with a slight smile. “There you have it. We’re only on friendly terms.”

Kiba entered Patty’s Café like Gaara had instructed and went straight to a booth. Soon enough, the red head sat himself across the pup with a tray for two. Kiba blinked in confusion. Gaara had threatened him and now…a treat?

“Is this a trap?” Kiba growled.

“What the hell are you talking about? If you don’t want it, you can leave.” Gaara purposely waved a deliciously looking shaped fry in front of the pup’s face. Suddenly, someone’s stomach growled.

Both teens blinked surprisingly then Gaara starts laughing as Kiba blushed.

“It’s not funny!” Kiba exclaimed.

Gaara held his stomach then pushed the tray towards the hungry pup.

“Eat.”

Kiba pouted but didn’t refuse. He chugged the soda, gobbled the burger, and chewed the fries hungrily in Gaara’s amusement.