Chapter 1

"Victoria! Get your ass down here we are gonna be late!" My best friend Jessie screamed from downstairs.

"Yeah hold on I'll be right there!" I yelled back.

I was terribly nervous. I was about to move to London for crying out loud! It's a big city and I had never been there before so I won't know my way around there. How was I going to pay the bills? I'd have to get a real job and stuff. Luckily I'd have Jessie by my side through all of this -we would be living together after all.

I took a last look at my bedroom -it had so many great memories in it. I remember when me and Niall were kids and we used to play here all the time.

*Flashback*

I was squirming on the floor because Niall was tickling me.

"Niall! Please stop!" I screamed in between laughs.

He knew how ticklish I was. I was trying to push him back but it was impossible because he was stronger than me.

"Hey kiddos, when is the wedding?"My dad chuckled from the door.

Niall finally got off of me and replied: "There is no wedding Tom. Me and Vicky are best friends and always will be!"

"Eww I would never marry this gummy-dummie!" I agreed and stuck my tongue out at Niall.

"What did you just call me? You are so going to regret this, Reynolds!" Niall grinned.

I ran and hid behind my father to keep Niall from tickling me again.

"Well you guys are only seven. I'd bet money that ten years from now you are head over heels for each other. But anyways I was just informing you that I have to run to the store, I'll be back in an hour." Dad mumbled and left the room.

"Niall, promise me that we will never end up like those cliché stories where best friends fall in love? Everyone is doubting us already." I pouted and looked right at his piercing blue eyes.

"I promise. Let's show them otherwise." He confirmed with a smile.

I pulled him in for a hug. "I love you Niall."

He wrapped his arms around me and I got the familiar warm feeling of his Horan hugs. "I love you too Victoria." He mumbled and pressed a kiss on my cheek.

I pulled away and ran a hand through his brown hair.

"Hey hey now, no touching in the hair!" He said sassily which in return made me giggle.

*End of flashback*

I smiled at the memory. I missed Niall more than anything. Sometimes I let myself imagine how things would be like if he had stayed in touch like he swore he would. I used to blame myself -he probably found a new best friend. He didn't need me anymore. He seemed to be having fun with the other boys from One direction. After a while I realized that it wasn't my fault. I tried calling him but he must have changed his number. I couldn't contact him in any way. And he didn't even try to stay in touch with me. It took me a while to get used to not having him around. I remember when my boyfriend Tyler cheated on me and Niall wasn't there for me -it was so hard.

We made a promise to always be best friends. But it was over now. We would never be best friends again. I was leaving Mullingar and he was famous. I was happy for him though - he was out there living his dream. I wonder if he ever thought about me. Did he miss me the way I miss him? He probably didn't. He would have called me if he did miss me.

My thoughts were soon interrupted when Jessie stormed into my room.

"Are you daydreaming again? Seriously Vic we have to go!" She yelled which made me jump. She was so loud and bubbly all the time.

"Geez Jessie I'm ready! Let's go before we miss our flight." I said and started dragging my suitcases out of my room.

We stepped out of my childhood home. In the front yard was standing my mother, my little sister Lucy and my grandparents. My mother immediately started crying.

"I can't believe my baby is leaving home! Your dad would be so proud of you!" She said without a further thought.

My mom never thought before she spoke. I just nodded. I didn't know what to say. Am I supposed to say: "No mom, he wouldn't. He doesn't care. If he cared for me, he wouldn't be in jail for abusing me when I was only twelve years old." No, I couldn't say that.

Luckily Jessie picked up on my silence and quickly changed the subject. "Well, we gotta go before we miss our flight! Good bye Tina." She said and hugged my mom. They were pretty close, mom considered Jessie as family.

Then it was my turn. I hugged mom and quickly wiped the tears that were streaming down my cheeks. I gave the rest of the family hugs as well.

"We really have to go now. I love you guys so much and I'll see you in December!" I said and got in the cab while Jessie did the same.

With a last wawe to the family I have grown so used to being around I was heading for my new life in London.

~~~~~~~
A.N.
Hey guys this is my first story and I hope you'll enjoy it! If you decided to read this I'm very thankful, you are awesome :)