Chapter 25

Previously:
"Dad?" I breathed out quietly.
~~~~~~~~
"Victoria? Is it really you?" My father asked. His voice was shaky, as if he was terrified.

"Yes. What do you want?" I asked flatly. I know how rude that must have sounded but I don't have to talk to him politely after everything he has done to me. I'm stronger now.

"I just really needed to hear your voice. I got out of prison and I've changed. I'm sober and all I want is to see my little girl again." He said.

"Your little girl? I'm not your little girl anymore. And I actually live in London now." I said. His words made me want to puke.

"I'm really sorry for what I did to you. But you have to give me a chance to make things right again. I'll fly over to London if that's what it takes." He begged.

"No dad, you're wrong. I don't have to do anything for you. But give me some time, I'll consider it." I said and hung up the phone.

I turned around to look at Jessie. She had a shocked expression on her face.

"So it was your father? Wow. Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine. But please don't tell Niall about it. He would just tell me to stay away from my father and never forgive him. But I'll think about it. He's my dad after all." I said and Jessie nodded in agreement.

I really don't know what to think when it comes to my father. It's been many years since it happened but the emotional scars he made will last my entire life. He's family so I probably should find a way to forgive him. And I sort of miss him. We used to have such a great relationship when I was a little kid and whenever he wasn't drinking. He says he's changed and I want to believe him. The only question is if I can believe him...

"So what's up ladies?" Nate asked as he and Niall walked into the room. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts.

"Nothing." Jessie and I said at the same time. "Jinx buy me a coke!" We yelled at the same time. "Damn it." We both cursed and then bursted out laughing.

"Wow. You two are like clones, it's starting to creep me out." Niall chuckled. "How about we go out and get something to eat?"

"You're buying right?" Jessie teased.

"Sure, why not." Niall shrugged and we all headed towards the front door. I was starving. I hadn't eaten anything yet that day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the lunch Niall asked me to sleep over at his house tonight. He said that there's something we need to talk about. I was pretty anxious about it, he was so stiff and quiet through the whole lunch. Is there something he's not telling me?

We sat on the couch and he took my hands in his.

"So as I said there's something I want to talk to you about." He started. I wish he could just say it. He's starting to scare me.

"Go for it." I encouraged him.

"Okay so..." He sounded so nervous." I just wanted to say that I've never felt like this about anyone else before. I know we made a promise that we would never fall for each other but I broke it. I can't do this anymore. I could say I'm sorry but I'm not. Gosh, Victoria, I love you."

His words rang through my head. Over and over again. I didn't say a word.

"And it would be really helpful if you could say something right now." Niall bit his lip.

"Oh sorry I was just thinking. And I love you too Niall, I really do." I said and blushed. I make everything sound so awkward.

"You do? So... Uhm... Will you be my girlfriend then?" He stuttered.

"Niall I would love to be your girlfriend." I said and he sighed in relief. "But..."

"Oh man there's always a but!" He groaned.

"I just feel like we should think before jumping into a relationship. We've been friends for several years now and I don't want to risk losing our friendship. If something happened and we had to break up there's a chance that we couldn't be friends anymore." I explained.

"But Vicky-dear I can't be your friend any longer! I'm in too deep." He said.

"Okay, but promise me that if it won't work out our friendship won't end. We will work our issues and be friends again like nothing ever happened." I demanded.

"Pinky promise?" He suggested and held his pinky finger up. I chuckled but accepted his pinky promise.

I laughed and he leaned in to kiss me. The moment was absolutely magical. He was mine and I was his. Everyone else saw it from the beginning even when we didn't. We belong together.

We pulled away and he moved his arm over my shoulder and I leaned against his chest.

"You're so weird." I teased.

"I know, I know. Love me?" He asked.

"Always." I confirmed.

~~~~~~~~~

A.N
Hey guys I'm sorry I haven't updated this in months everything has been just so crazy! But I promise I'll finish this story.
Happy summer break everyone! xx