Chapter 44

Damion

Rage, Pure unadulterated Rage. That is what was controlling my at this moment. I walked through the halls passing Dante's room. Antonio standing in the doorway. Anger flew through my veins at top speed, fearing that Angelina was hurt. That Dante was in there hurting her. Taking off at top speed, pushing Antonio to the floor to get to her. When I entered the room I could not believe what I saw. My eyes registering what I saw, my brain playing slow catch up. Angelina was sitting in his sitting area, to the right of his bed. The curtains were drawn back, moonlight shinning against her skin. Giving off just enough light to see her expression. Pain, she was in pain. The heartbreak type of pain. I knew that because I saw it on my face more times than I would like to admit. The sadness pouring off of her in waves, almost taking me off my feet. In front of her, on his knees was Dante. He was holding her face in his hands. He was crying. That is when I realized I was reading the room incorrectly. The sadness was pouring off of him in waves that left me wondering how he could still be standing. His lips were caressing her in a way that made me want to rip him apart, limb by limb. Before I could even calculate what the beasts next move was, he was already in action. Standing where I was without moving, my anger bursting through the room, and directly to his chest. Successfully separating the two of them, His lips no longer touching her, his sorrow no longer taking up all the air in the room.  Angelina screamed, and Antonio was smart enough to move quickly and get her out of the room. Thank god, because I did not think I would be able to hold back from this anger, from this beast. Anyone could get hurt around me at this point. There was no way for me to control him. I didn't know much about him, other than the fact that he was furious. Anyone could get in the way, including Angelina. I did not want her to get hurt. I was pretty sure that the beast did not want her to get hurt either. But who knew if even he had his own control. So many uncertainties that I could not be bothered with at the moment. The only thing I wanted to do was kill. 

Me and the beast agreeing on that. Both feeling the need to kill. This would be the last time that Dante came anywhere near her. I would not allow it. She was not his. I turn to him, as I hear the royal guards running up the stairs. Commotion through out the castle rumbles as they rush to try and stop me. I mentally close the door and lock it. Eyes on Dante, as he rises. Funny, he does not look scared one bit. I can't understand why.

"Damion, you cannot take her away from me." I laugh at that. 

"Ironic, isnt it brother? She is not yours. Never was."

"I will tell you as I have told her. She was a means to an end. I never meant to fall in love with her, but I have let her go. I cant allow her to be with you either though. So I will do what I have to."

"You should fear me, I have a beast growing inside of me that wants to rip you apart."

Something held me in place, and I could not move. The guards were at the door, breaking it down to separate us. We would have to comply with them, No choice there. Laws were laws here. He laughed just as I did. The guards broke the door down with little effort. Seized the both of us, trying to pull us away from each other. Neither of us able to move, because we both willed it that way. The guards were fighting amongst each other trying to figure out why we were being held there and they could not move us. My mother running into the room, looking at him, then me. 

"You must stop this at once."

Dante laughed in her face, and I wanted to rip his tongue out, still I was held in place. 

"Do you think that you are the only one that has a beast living inside of them? Think again. Brother."

He let go, and I grabbed my mother and walked away from the room. The guards followed, until my mother dismissed them. I could not look at my mother right now, or deal with her. I needed to make sure that Angelina was okay, then find billy. I marched into her room, and there she was standing on the balcony. Antonio sitting at the desk. 

"You..."

He put his hands up. " Look, she told me that she was going to talk to him with or without me. She asked me to go with her, so I did. I would not have let him hurt her."

"You are no match for him, and you are lucky you are still breathing. I do not expect this to happen again. Keep her away from him. That is my last warning. Do it again, and your dead."

 I stalked to the balcony and willed the doors closed behind me.