chapter 18

"Well, I guess you must do what your heart is telling you, so what is it telling you man?"

"Without a second thought, the need to protect her rises so harshly that I can barely catch my breath. Look at her, she is perfection to me. Beautiful, yet full of fear. Out of her mind with the fear and terror, all because of my brother. Answer me this Billy, If we were in fact blood bonded mates. Why in the world would she find my evil brother first?  Why would he have taken her virginity, something that should have been mine? Why would he have been able to do all those things?  Hurt her, terrify her, control her, and treat her poorly, all without me knowing? If I was her mate, why wouldn't I know. And for Gods sake's, why would she not feel how wrong it was to be with him!!!"

I pulled at my hair and continued pacing the room in frustration. Damn my brother to hell and back for all that he has done to her. If she is really my mate... fucking hell, what he has done to her I will never be able to erase!

"I don't know why .  I suppose it was for a reason, although I can not imagine at this moment what that is, or will be. All I know is that you have a connection to her already. I can see if and feel it.  It is in the way you talk to her, talk about her. The way you look at her. Your heart is going to her with or without you following. Don't ignore this. It is the most sacred thing in our world. You are right though your brother will not allow it. I don't know what they will do when you take her and mark her when your brother has already put a claim on her. Maybe because you and her are blood bonded which is so rare, that they will let it go. I don't know. Either way, you must do everything in your power to protect her. your brother is vicious. and once he finds out that you have marked her, and drank from her,  he will be murderous. I will help you any way that I can. You know that you have always been like brother to me, I'm here for you."

"Thank you."

"Well, she is changed now, so your connection will be getting more intense by the day. If you make love, lord have mercy. You will be so close that no one will ever be able to get between you. Kiss your heart goodbye my friend, and let her in. She needs you and you need her The Gods put you two together for a reason. She is a beautiful vamp indeed."

"Keep your eyes to yourself asshole!"

"Ha, of course, Prince."

"Fuck.... I need to go and talk to her I suppose. "

I watched Billy go over to her and take the headphones off.

"Are you guys done?" Curiosity was killing her.

"Yes we have had a nice talk, now Prince Damion has the need to discuss such things with you in the privacy of his chambers. I will see you soon alright?"

"Thank you."

I watched as her offered his hand so that he could help her up. I immediately wanted to cut it off, but yet I was not willing to be the one that was helping her?  I knew what I had to do. I was not sure that I was willing to let my heart go yet. What if this was some kind of plan on my brothers behalf? What if she was in on it, and they just wanted to have me killed? I then thought about my mother and her powers with her sixth sense. She said we were blood bonded. Her vision had to be right, there was no way around that. I was angry that my brother once again was ruining my life, how would we carry on from here even if I decided to give her my heart? She was already ruined, she would never be the same after what my brother did to her, never. We would never be right and no amount of time would erase what he had done to her. 

I realized I was staring at her the whole time my mind was racing. She must have wondered what was wrong, and she started walking towards me.

"Damion, are you alright?"

I could not speak, words suddenly caught in my throat. She put her tiny hand on my chest, and my eyes closed. I wanted to embrace her, and this feeling. I needed to be loved truly and deeply. Could she break down my walls, could I let her? I opened my  eyes, and saw straight through her soul. She was pure in soul, and full of a bright white light. So bright and pure that I thought I had been imagining things. 

I grabbed her hand.

"I am okay, we need to go to my room and talk."

I took her by her hand and practically dragged her out the door, and across the hall and into my room. Sitting her down, I traveled around the room to light a candle on my dresser, and brought her over to my bed, covered in red satin. My heavy mink fur blanket on the bottom of the bed, lay under her, allowing her to feel the soft fur. The light from the candle was bouncing off the red and black walls, along the four poster ancient bed.  The moon was shining outside the large window over looking my mothers garden that she loved so much. The room was still full of dust, I never let anyone in here, and rarely spent time in here. 

"Nice bed."

I couldn't answer her. Suddenly, visions started flashing through my mind. I saw Jo, she was naked and writhing underneath me. Hair everywhere, looking into my eyes while I made the love to her. The most passionate I have ever witnesses. 

What. the. actual. fuck?

It took me a few minutes to realize that my mate was thinking this and projecting it onto me. Seems Antonio was onto something the other day.