Chapter 29

Antonio

I pulled back seeing as she was just exhausted. I was even surprised that she was able to stay awake until now. The pulling back and forth between Damion, and Dante was even exhausting to me. I was still pissed at Damion for allowing me to give her my vein, when he knew, he just knew that she was his. My over bearing need to protect her was making me livid at the way that Damion was behaving. I was pissed at Dante too, don't get me wrong. But he was evil, and Damion... He was, no is, her mate. His behavior is inexcusable to say the least.
I aided her down to the pillow, and pulled a blanket over her as I got up from the bed. Standing over her for a few moments, watching her go into a deeper sleep. Once I was happy with that, I leaned down just a bit to move her hair away from her face, and kiss her forehead.

"Goodnight my dear."

I turned to leave the room in search for Damion. When I reached the door, something in the corner of the room caught my eye. That fucker. Was he sitting there the entire fucking time?

"Damion."

"I couldn't do it."

"I don't understand why, she belongs to you, and yet you would not give a piece of yourself to save her. You are undeserving of her. Leave her alone, she needs to rest."

"I will not leave, I need to watch over her!"

"Damion, what fucking game are you playing here? She is your mate, she isn,t your mate...you want to mark her, you don't want to mark her. Not to mention you refuse to save her life, and now you want to watch over her?"

"I cant explain what is going on with me. Just leave."

At that moment I felt an intrusion of sorts in my head. I turned to look at Damion, who took over a look of evil. His face, contorted in a way that made him look like pure evil. A look I had never seen before; even on Dante. His eyes, pitch black again, as if someone else was taking control of him, yet this was all him. The door to the room opened wide, as I was lifted and hauled out of the room. Controlled by Damion, as I had not voluntarily moved. I was placed a little roughly into the hallway as the door to the room they were in was slammed shut right in my face.
Still under his power, I stood still, heart pumping, still not being able to move until he let go, and I was given my free will back.
He had control over me, which was not really heard of. This was the second time he used that power. Only this time it was more calculated than surprised and unknown. He was gaining incredible evil powers, and he was in there alone with Jo-Jo. The need to go back in there and protect her was running high within my veins. Although I just knew, there was no way he would allow that. How long would I wait now, until I spoke to someone and told them about what was going on with him. This was beyond the pale, however, I didn't trust anyone. Maybe it was time to confront Damion. After everything had calmed down with Jo, he would talk to him. A little one on one time was necessary for him and Damion.

Damion 

He was not going to allow me to stay with her? The beast within that was growing more and more each day would not allow me to let him win. I needed time with her alone. I would not give her my blood when I was not sure what was going on inside of me. How could I? Who knows what I would be condemning her too with my blood. What if it hurt her? There was no way I could risk that. Maybe she was better off dead. Away from me, and my brother. One of us would be winning her, and I wasn't sure anymore if I was any better than my brother. I started having crazy thoughts that were not making sense for me. Thoughts that were scaring the shit out of me. Almost without my knowledge, I opened the door. Almost.. Because I thought about many more things that I wanted to do to Antonio for those few minutes he was staring me down. I could not tell him what was really going on, although I knew that he was drawing some conclusions on his own, and would definitely continue now. After some thought I figured that removing him from the room was my best option. He would be asking many questions now after this stunt. I was afraid to tell him that I did not have any answers for him, and hope that he did not go running to the King and Queen to tell them what was happening. They would for sure remove me from the castle, and leave Jo unattended to, and unprotected. Every which way I looked, it was becoming more and more dangerous for Jo. No matter who she would be around, she would be in danger. I had to hope that I could control this beast when I was with her, and not hurt her in any way.