chapter 5

Jo-Jo

Here I was running across from the dorm penthouse area, onto the campus and into the school building. What an amazing experience to be free and able to go to class with other people my age. I could talk to them and even flirt if I wanted to without anyone breathing down my neck, or threatening anyone I speak with.
It was incredibly cold out here, Holy cow. I walked as quickly as I could into the main hall area. It seemed that this was where everyone was migrated. Nice and warm, so I would agree that this is where I should be. All of the students that were walking in with me were racing towards a wall. Looked like names and lists were posted. Many students were complaining left and right that they had teachers that they did not want or did not like. I was getting pushed around in the shuffle. Jesus, this was a bit competitive. A crowd was forming around me, and suddenly, I was finding it hard to breathe, students pushing and shoving. My chest becoming heavy, as my head throbbed in pain. Someone stepped on me and shoved me.

"Ouch!"

I yelped as I was pushed. Anticipating the fall, I threw my hands out. Ready to burst into tears on my first day. Only to land into someones nice smelling hard chest. I closed my eyes, and remained still. Trying to catch my breath, as my hands and body started to tremble. I would not burst into tears here, I just would not.

"You alright there love?"

Someone had answered me in a slight English accent. And he smelled delicious. I opened my eyes to find a beautiful man. He was tall, dressed in a cream polo, and dress pants. He had long hair tied back, and big chocolate eyes.
I could not look away from his teeth! His teeth were so white! His scent was a yummy. Not sure what kind of cologne these men wore around here, but it made my gums hurt. My gums hurt so much, and started to throb along with my head. It hurt so much that I threw my hands up to my mouth and held them there. What the hell was happening. I felt faint, and was frightened that I might fall right here.
The mans smiled faded from his face, as the sky seemed to darken. Swirls of light and dark, hot and cold were skimming across my body. I watched him as he was looked at something, or rather someone. I turned away from him in time to see Damion coming our way, and that man did not look happy at all. In fact, I could swear that he was snarling and growling like an animal . Surely whatever I was going through at the moment was affecting my judgement in sight and sound and smell. Damion took one look at this guys hands on me, holding me against him, and he was on a freight train of anger, floating his way over here.

Everyone was moving out of his way. It was like they were parting the red sea for him, and in that moment everything slowed down. I even felt my heart slow, as I began to sweat and sway. He was coming this way with a vengeance. Slowly the man that was holding me up let me go. Everyone around me gasped, as if they were in on some big secret that everyone knew but me. I felt myself go down. Stuck in a swirl of emotions, feelings that I was going to be sick at this very moment. Damion took a hold of me, and walked with me further into the building. He brought me into an empty classroom and closed the door.
I wasn't sure what was going on. What had happened, or who that man was. But here we were. I tried to examine the room we were in. Fear was overcoming me once again, and I was not sure why. I felt nauseous, and hot, as my vision spotted. I felt like I was definitely going down.

"Ms.Costa...."
I tried to focus on him, as he tried to get my attention for a few minutes. He looked at me with his eyes squeezed shut, and that scared me.

"I should have brought you in myself!"
He spoke, sounding full of regret,

"Is this too much for you, do you feel scared, overwhelmed? I saw you touching your mouth in pain, may I see inside your mouth? "

This was weird. Perhaps I ate something I should not have, or drank something bad. I tried to focus my thoughts on what I ate or drank, but I didn't remember eating or drinking anything.  I nodded at him as I was jut not feeling the right way. He took a few strides closer to me, and took a deep breath. A moment of clarity allowed me to see him trying to calm down, from what I was not sure. He Was focusing on his breathing for a few moments, before he proceeded.

"Open Ms. Costa."

I opened my mouth and he pushed his fingers into the top part of my gums on each side. The pain shot through my skull and back around to my mouth. Over and over until I felt nausea again.
"That...hurts. That hurts me very much. What is wrong with me?"
Out of fear I started to back away from Damion. He looked like he was angry again, and it was scaring me. IT wasn't enough for me to feel this sick, I had to deal with another angry man.

"There is so much that you don't know right now. So much that I am supposed to tell you, teach you. I am to guide you through some things. You don't know me, don't trust me. You are absolutely fucking clueless! On top of all of that, you have been hurt so badly that you wont let me near you."

He took steps towards me, while I continued to take them backwards. Stumbling backwards, losing my balance and feeling dizzy. I moved back as much as I was able until there was no more space. The pain continuing across my mouth and skull. I stopped and so did he. He didn't dare come any closer.

"I don't understand what you are saying. I don't understand whats going on."
The tears I didn't want to let fall started to flow steadily.

"Listen to me. I don't know what you went through. I know that you don't know me and I don't know you. We are in a very sticky situation here. I am in charge of you in a sense. and I have many things to tell you. Most that you will not want to hear, or understand. This is extremely difficult. I have to ask you, I have to request that you do everything in your power to learn to trust me. Please. You will need to trust me to understand the things that will be happening. I will be the only one that will be able to help you, I don't want you to turn to anyone else. I don't know how to obtain your trust, maybe we can go blow for blow. I tell you some stuff, you tell me some stuff and we work on it from there. Because you are going to have to trust me, within the next few minutes, and your trust is going to have to go on from there."

I was so twisted and confused that I wasn't even sure I woke up and came here. Why did I chose here? I started started to wonder how I ever sought this place out. Was it really me. Did someone just set me up here? Did Dante know about this? What was going on?

Before I knew it the room was spinning and there was not stopping me. I was going down like a ton of bricks.

"Jojo!..."