Chapter 20

"Shit!!!!!"

Okay then, time to call Antonio. With Billy occupied with my brother, my mother going crazy, and my dad with someone working on something, I had limited people I could trust, not that I could all together trust that bastard Antonio. However, he knew things. Lots of things. He was able to see her for what she was when I could not. I checked her for a pulse, she was breathing comfortably, so I tried to calm down.

I wanted to text Billy, and let him know that I needed him, in the mean time I had to give in and contact Antonio, see if I could get some useful information out of him. Picking up my phone, I scrolled through all of the contacts until I found his. 

"Hello? Antonio?

"Yes, what have you done now.....I have just gotten here, but I haven't crossed the threshold yet. There is some kind of commotion going on out front."

"Commotion?"

"Yea, your brother. He seems to be losing his shit out front, has not seen me yet though. So, what's up, is everything okay with Joelle?"

"Well, yes and no. I  marked her then and she passed out."

"Shit, that doesn't sound good, too much venom perhaps? I wouldn't worry yet. With you being a royal and all.  You have not left her alone right?"

"No, I'm with her. Doesn't make any sense.  Get your ass up here right away, and by all costs... avoid my brother."

I hung up, tried waking her, and awaited my old friend. Hoping that he would be able to avoid my crazy demonic brother. He wasn't going to stop at trying to get her, I was frightened by the way he was able to compel her so easily, and from so far away. I was wondering what he had done to her, or what she had been tricked into doing with him without he knowledge, that would make is so easy for him to have such powers over her. I don't think she would ever understand what the fuck was going on with him, or what she had done with him to give him all of this power to use against her. What the fuck was happening, and how the fuck did my brother get involved? Why does he want her so badly? I needed to find some answers, sooner than later. Especially with the way he was around her. I wouldn't be able to turn my back on him at all. 

Before I could let my thoughts get carried away, I heard banging on the door. I left her side and went to the dead bold to unlock it, and let Antonio in. 

"Are you alone my friend?"

"Indeed."

I let him in and he came straight over to see Jojo. Kind of pissing me off how everyone was drawn to her. 

"Your brother has lost it all together. Holy shit, what the fuck is going on? Why is he so desperate to get to Joelle?"

"I don't fucking know,  I was just going over all of that in my head. What the fuck is his problem, and why the fuck does he want her so badly?"

"Lets see if we can get her awake yea?"

" I have been having these crazy visions.. but I have yet to put them together. With that being said, she will be just fine. Your brother on the other hand, he isn't going to stop at anything. He wants her and that's that. You must be careful with him, he is very.....off. Something is just not right with him, and I think you need to proceed with much caution. He has a very dark side, and it is expanding quickly. He is becoming darker by the minute. I can see a dark shadow hanging over him. If I look at it a certain way, it looks to be moving outward and  becoming bigger at times.  You will need my help with her, I have seen that as well. You cant do this alone, she needs protection lots of it, and all the time."

"Fucking hell. Great, does it get any better? I don't even know if this girl is my blood bonded mate!"

"Oh, well, I think you do know. Part of you knows anyway, you are just so hell bent on not letting anyone in."

"Well, lets talk about all this another time shall we?"

"What we need to do first is get the fuck out of this castle. There are buildings extending out of the castle. We need to use one of those for housing and the school. She will need to come into her powers very soon. it is dangerous if we leave her unknowing and unprotected. She needs to be taught things that she can use to protect herself at all times, even while she is sleeping she will need protection. Your brother, if I have to bet, is working with some very dark magic. Lets get her out of here."

"Yea, lets hang out here for a bit,  and let me see if I can get the ball rolling for everything we need. I am feeling overwhelmed I gotta fucking tell you."

"I understand that, and I feel the same. I can't lie to you and tell you that I don't feel a connection to her, whether that pissed you off or not I am compelled to be honest. I have a bad feeling that what is happening is bigger than either one of us can imagine."

"Fuck me."