Chapter 37

Dorian

"Your highness," said the Captain of the Guard. He straightened from a low bow and then stood beside my mother. I ignored. I hate it when he treats me like this.

"I had given you the last chance to prove yourself but you wasted it again" finally she spoke.

I clenched my fists "Then what? Are you going to punish me again like you always do?" I pivoted my eyes to her "What about this time? How will you be going to torture me? huh?".

I went further when one of the guards stop me but I pushed him away. "Tell me?  Are you again going to keep me in prison for a week or a month, let me guess.....? Maybe for a lifetime?" I asked and chuckled as I slam one of her guards direct to the ground. I love when her eyes burn up when I don't behave like her good son. I can see how infuriated is she right now and I loved that. I grabbed the neck of the guard next to me and throw him right next to her thrown. This is to prove to her that she can't control me. "Or you'll kill me like you kill my father".

"Enough Dorian!" she yelled and walks toward me. "You've gone too far now".

I'm watching her direct through her eyes, challenging her that do whatever the hell you want to do.

After a long moment, she spoke. "You are the Crown Prince of this thrown, and one day you'll become the King of Malign and yet you are behaving like a child". Her word is coated with fake love. She disgusts me.

"I don't want to be a part of this hell. I don't want to be your freaking Prince, got that?" I shoot her back.

"You can't run away from your reality" she paused "You always be known as Malign, who kill people and you can't deny it".

I gritted my teeth "I'm not like you".

She smirks. "You always like me, my son".

I can feel as heat rises in me, giving me the sudden urge to kill her. She can't be my mother. She can't be.

She hissed, baring her teeth as she says "You know? You can't be with her. She's not like us. She's Orion's blood" she says. "And yet you choose her". There was something in her eyes that I can't study. I don't know what is she planning now. "You disappoint me".

Suddenly she smirks at me "I know everything, I can see everything" and this is when her smirk goes wide, I know something bad is going to happen "Who do you think is behind that explosion? Is she okay now?"

The sound of the heartbeat thrashing in my ears, heat is flushing through my skin. "You.... you.....did that?" I stammer.

I've imagined before, that my mother should be behind this. "I asked someone for this" she replied and grin at me.

She tried to kill Alice. NO. She hadn't tried, she was just giving me a warning because if she decided to kill her then she'll kill her at any cost. That was just a warning for me. I can feel heaviness in my limbs.

"I told you to leave her alone" I growl under my heavy breathing, wanting to kill her, to see her blood.

"I did. But then you disobey me. And I don't like it when someone breaks my rule" she says, narrowing her eyes.

The panic- the complete and utter panic of losing her- crept inside me. My muscles feel tight and clenched against my skin. I was supposed to keep myself away from her. Yet, I break my promise. I've had to think about this before, how far my mother could go.

"Why are you doing this?" I yell. "She hadn't done anything, god dammit!", cursed under my breath.

I kneel in front of her, watching the ground, tears stung my eyes. It's like someone grabbed my both hands, and I am unable to do anything, things had now gone too far from my control. And it frustrates me.

She didn't say anything, just watching me and enjoying her victory. Her smile goes wide as I ask "What the hell do you want?"

"Now you've asked the right question" she replied as she turned away from me.

I'm watching her as she sat down on her throne "I want my son back, and she keeps changing you" she paused.
I clenched my jaw and feel my flaring nostrils as I pivoted my watery eyes to her but didn't say anything.
She continued "Stay away from her and in return, I let her live".

I nodded. I do everything to keep her safe.

"You know, what you have to do?" she says to Edwin and went out of the throne room. I can see from his face what she has asked him to do.

I shake my head and laugh in approval "Come on, what are you waiting for, go ahead" I tell him.

He went closer to me "I'm sorry" he whispered and then gesture to the guard. It's time now.

Thundering steps issued from behind and someone grabbed me by my arms and hang them in the air with the help of a rope. Tied up so strongly so that I can't run away. I chuckled. They thought this rope can hold me. I can kill them all in a matter of seconds if I want.

Pain slammed through me when the whip hit my back. My arms ached as they keep hitting me. This is my mother's favourite torture. She used to give it to those who doesn't follow her rule. She's a monster.

I can see tears of pain welled in Edwin's eyes as he hit me. Pain continuously shot down my back but I silently endured it. Tears stung my eyes and the whip creaked as it rose again.

After a moment of long torture, the whip fell, slicing into bones, reverberating through my body, making everything collapse and explode in agony.

When they open up my hand, I fell onto the glass floor, which slices down my knees. But Edwin quickly holds me and drags me away from that hell. He took me into his room, making me sit straight.

"Please stop now," his word faltered. I can feel the pain from his voice as he's wiped the blood which is pooling down my back.

"I can't" I whispered, my breathing is hard and ragged.

"Why not?" he snaps.

With my arched and useless arm, I turned myself to face him "Because she's the one because of whom I'm alive and sitting in front of you".

He looks away in disappointment, gritting his teeth but didn't say anything.

I continued "You know that when my father was killed by my mother, I was so young to comprehend everything, all I wanted was to kill myself because I can't save my father. But Alice stopped me and gave me hope that one day everything will be right. She makes me the person who I used to be. She was the reason behind my happiness". I paused and pull myself on my leg which barely supports me "And I can do anything to keep her safe and away from my mother's eyes because I know what she wants from Alice and I don't let her win this time".

"She wants you to stay away from her" he commented.

"Because she knows that if I'm with her then she can't get what she's willing for" I reply. I turned to show my back to him as I say, louder than before "And if this is the price to keep her safe then I'm ready to pay it every freaking time because I love her...... I love her more than anything". I almost yelled.

He didn't say anything, just staring at me and I can see the terror in his eyes.

After a long moment of pause, he finally spoke "Does she know this?" he asks. And I know who is he talking about- it's Alice.

Pulling my shirt on I say "NO, she doesn't remember anything".

He flapped his hands "Great! Still, you are doing this. You know what? You are insane".

I sigh "I made her forget everything," I say and walk off the room.