Chapter 88

Tylor

I knew. I fucking know this.
I knew that this day would come in her life one day but didn't expect it like this. I was fucking know what that bastard did and I want her to know the truth but didn't want her to find it like this. Truth gave her nothing but pain. It broke her inside out. And I don't bloody want that. That's why I never told her. I kept everything buried inside me.
"No...No..." she sobbed, "No. You are lying. You are fucking lying" she yelled.
I blinked away the remnants of my thoughts. Edwin's eyes are wide. He would never have thought of this even in his dreams.
"This can't be true" she whimpered, over and over. "I know him. He can't do that. No. I trust him. I-".
Jacob held out his hand in front of her. A white light flashes from his hand, spreading in our surroundings, and blinding us completely. I cover my eyes.
When an image appeared. Memory.
A memory from the past emerged in front of us like we were there.
The palace is gone and so are the royal guards. We were inside the forest. Trees surround us. We are barely able to see anything in this darkness. The moon is gleaming above us.
Alice stares unblinking.
I watch Edwin as he struggles to pull up on his feet, wondering what is going on.
I walk closer to her. But her eyes are still watching ahead, waiting.
Slowly-slowly, the image appears to be clear. And as I expected, I saw him. Dorian.
We are watching five years younger Dorian. His hair is a complete mess. He looks angry beyond angry. He was not to himself, it's like he was...he was losing control. My breathing hitched. That day...that fucking day, he loosed his control and... Before I think further that scene appeared. Her mother.
Andriana came out among the trees. Her hair is shining under the moonlight.
I watch Alice. A tight fist constricts around her heart as tears fill her eyes. And I can feel that. I can feel the pain she's feeling right now.
"Mother..." her voice choked from continuous sobbing.
Dorian rage is beyond imagination. Anger was simmering through his veins. He was stomping, punching the trees, as if trying to release his anger.
"Stop messing with my brain" he yelled. "Get off my mind".
Andriana walked to him, holding his arm, she said, "Are you alright?".
"Get away" he shouts. But Andriana didn't remove her hold. She keeps talking to him, trying to calm him down. But looks like nothing worked.
He pushed her back, "Get away from me," he said under his greeted teeth.
She hit the trees behind her.
Alice rushes to her, "Mom...". But I hold her.
"This isn't real, Alice," I said.
Andriana's hand fired up, "Let me get inside your head". She lingers closer, "I can fix this".
"No...no one can fix me. She manipulates me whenever she wants".
"But I can... trust me".
Frustration flicked across Dorian's face, "Just get away from me".
Andriana walked to him, "Everything will be alright. Just calm your breathing and let me..." she took another step, "Let me go inside your brain, boy".
"No...no... Just get away" Groaning, Dorian dropped his head in his hands. "Go away".
Andriana kept getting closer to him, the fire in her hand was not blazing anymore, "Trust me. I will not harm you".
Slowly, she put her hand on his head, a flicker of light glowing from her palm. Dorian flinched a little but this time he didn't push her back. He let her.
Andriana eyes closed as if she entered his mind. Light goes brighter and brighter as time passes. Dorian's eyes opened but seemed unconscious.
He stares unblinking, not saying a word. Just staring, staring, and staring.
Suddenly, something happened. A sudden rush of anger surfaces across his face. Dorian's vision clouded with swarms of dark red and this is when he grabbed her throat. She choked.
When he opened his eyes, they bulged, jaw clenched. He tightened his grip around her throat, "I told you... No one can fix me" he growled.
Tears stream down her eyes, "She's controlling you".
Red-violet light gleams against his palm where he gripped her.
Heat licked my skin, and my limbs vibrated. He was taking her power. Goddamm, bastard.
Dorian's eyes are not blue anymore, they are red, blood-red. Andriana struggled to free herself. She lit up the fire in her hand but slowly-slowly the fire was extinguishing as her power drained out.
Fuck.
She was giving up herself. But why? She wasn't fighting even though she could have easily killed him. She was letting him take her power. Goddam why?
"Dorian Wilson" Andriana's voice faltered. "You are...a nice boy. Don't let your...humanity die. I...I'm glad to have you in my...daughter's life...She's waiting... for me...just...don't tell her this... And keep her...keep her safe, Please".
Her flames fell away. Her hand falls lifelessly to her side as slowly her eyes get close.