Chapter 57

Alice

Weeks has been passed but everything is still the same. It's been a month since I last saw Luke. I was wondering, what would be the reason behind his strange behaviour at the library. He hasn't attended classes. He is just disappeared. I don't know why everyone keeps disappearing and then showing up whenever they pleased. Because Dorian is missing too. I asked Leo, he said Dorian is out of town for a while. And Leo had no idea when will he come. Neither do I. How could he go without even telling me? He didn't even bother to say goodbye before leaving. I hope they both are okay.
I am unable to sleep right now. I kept shifting, unable to get a comfortable side on my bed. It's just, that I am not feeling well like something is not right. Whenever I closed my eyes, some voices start whispering in my ears. At first, I thought I was listening to them in dreams. But it's not just a dream. Something else, and I don't know what.
I glance at the clock, it shows 2 am. And I am still awake. Crap.

I sit up and exhale heavily. I look around, suddenly feeling very hot and this is when that voice comes again. I tried to ignore them but it won't go away. I pull myself to my feet. And opened the window, but nothing works, I can still hear them. What are they? 

Groaning, I dropped my head in my hands "Stop now" I yelled under my breath. And it's like the more I get frustrated the louder the voice gets. I don't know what they are saying. It's just a feeling that I am experiencing right now. "Please stop" I yell again, I can't endure it anymore. Suddenly, I am getting an urge to throw something. I look around to find something when I notice something in the mirror.
I walk closer and closer until I get a clear view. It's my eyes. They are not blue anymore. It was shimmering red. Blood red. Terror was whooshing up around me like waves. All the blood drained from my face and my heart thudded hard inside my chest.

I blinked. And it's gone. The voice is gone, and my eyes are back to normal. What was that? 

And this is when my eyes dart to my bookshelves, where something is glowing. Is it that book? Yes.
I take it out from the shelves. This is the same which I brought from my father's house. Last time, it shows me the heirs of Orions. Let's see what it shows me now.

I opened it, flipping the pages over and over. What the...? Everything is blank. Then why the hell has it gleam?
I let out a sigh and throw it on my bed. Useless. I think it heard me. Is it possible? Because pages are turning over by themselves. It's like the wind is blowing, and flipping the pages over and over until it stopped.

I went closer and stared down at it. something appears on the page, which was blank a few minutes before. I read the lines,

'I follow you all the time and copy your every move, but you can’t touch me nor catch me. What am I?'

The words themselves glowing. Is it some type of riddle? Is it asking me to answer that? What if I don't?
I closed the book. But within a few seconds, it opened again, showing me the same riddle.
Letting out a heavy sigh, I concentrate my mind on these lines. What does it try to convey to me?
I am staring down at the words. What does follow me all the time but I can't touch it? My mind?
"Mind" I answered. But nothing happens. I think this is not the right answer.

Wait, something follows me around but I can't touch it and it copies my style. Yes, I know what should be the answer.

"Shadow," I say. And it glows brighter than before. It shows me another sentence.