Chapter 82

Dorian

Stop. Stop. Please stop.
A blast of blistering heat, as if someone plunged my arm into scalding water. Sucking in a breath, tears filled my eyes. I wanted to cry from the pain that I'm feeling right now. It's like someone ripped my heart same as I did to that man.
I scream.
The pain is now unbearable. I can't...I can't bear it anymore. Someone just kill me and release me from this tormented life.
I scream again against this throbbing ache like someone continuously plunging a knife into my stomach same as I did to that woman.
I scream. I cry. But no one is here for me. No one is here who holds me.
I scream until my throat went dry and my body goes numb and I feel this ache till I get exhausted and fainted.
Slowly the night is getting blurry. My eyelids are getting heavy. Finally, it's time.
It's time when it gets over.
I can't move. My body is tired. Neither I can see anything nor I hear. My surrounding is getting darker and darker. I want to see her. I need her. I'm dying to hold her again in my arms. But I can't and this makes me furious. And broke me into pieces when I remember that I can't be with her no matter how much I want her in my life. I can see her face. She was talking, blushing when she caught me staring at her. I raised my hand to touch her but I couldn't.
In pain the only thing I want is Alice. This is when I collapsed on the ground and some darkness engulfed me.

~~~~~~~

My eyes flicker open. Sunlight hits my face. I look around, trying to remember the last detail. It took me a moment to realize that I'm in the cave and that dreadful night is over. I can breathe until the next night.
Suddenly I'm getting an urge to see her. It's been three months since I last saw her. I don't know how is she doing. I miss her. Goddammit, I miss her more than she can imagine. I know she's angry with me. And just by thinking about her angry face my lips stretch into a smile.
So I decided to head back to Silver Divine.

When I reached, the first person I saw was Leo. He jumps in surprise.
"Hey, man. Where the hell you have been?" he asks while placing his hand over my shoulder, and pulling me closer so tightly, "I thought you were dead".
I roll my eye, "Very funny". I miss him. I miss his stupid joke too.
I remove his hand. "Where are the others?". I look around the garden.
He shrugs his shoulder, "I don't know man. Edwin left a week after you disappear. Gloria is busy in her world and doesn't even bother to meet us". He makes a face in annoyance "Seriously, I don't know her problem" he pauses, looking down at me "And here I am standing right in front of you".
I shake my head, amused by his last statement. But on the other hand, a little disappointment hit me. Nothing looks the same as I left early.
I let out a heavy sigh, "How about you?" I lightly punch my fist into his stomach. And he flinched like I dive a blade right into his abdomen.
I laugh.
"I'm good as always" his smile widened, "Glad you are back, buddy".
My smile wash off when I realized that I can't stay. But I didn't say anything.
"Come on, let's grab some drink" he announced.
And I follow him.
Leo swiped an unopened beer from a nearby cooler and cracked it open. "I wanted to talk to you about her. Gloria was behaving a little differently" he clarified. "Don't tell me you're getting sentimental about her. If you bought love between friends, I'm out."
"Fuck you, dude." I laughed. "I never thought of her like that. She's nothing more than a friend. Trust me".
"But she thought you more than a friend".
My glass paused an inch from my lips before I brought it home and the sweet burn of whiskey flowed down my throat. I hate beer. It tastes like shit. "What do you mean?"
"She likes you, man" he smirked. "And the day you left. She behaves like a bitch" he let out a heavy sigh. "She tried to find you at every possible place".
I give him a hesitated nod, "Umm... let's change the subject".
I know how Gloria felt about me. And I've always tried not to confuse her with any sign. I always maintain my distance. But still, she felt that way.
"You remember Tylor Luke?" he asks.
The whiskey turned sour in my mouth, and I set my glass down with a grimace. "What about him?"
He lingers closer, "He and that new girl, little Stewart seem pretty close these days" he whispers while taking a sip from his glass. "And the most interesting part".
I narrow my eyes, "What?".
"A few months back, both of them disappeared and then come back together after a month. Isn't it interesting?".
Suddenly, I feel tightness around my chest.
Close? Ridiculous.
I know Alice. I know her. She never does such things. I know she'll be happy if she knows that I'm back.
"Stop with your shit" I stood up, "I have some work to do. Meet you later" I say angrily and left his room.
"Don't disappear again" he called over my back. But I didn't stop.
I walk out.
I don't believe in this shit. Because people always talk nonsense on your back and this doesn't change the truth.
I was walking down the stairs thinking about what should I do next.
Hours have been passed but I didn't see her. Where is she gone? How do I find her? I'm literally out of time now. Sun is soon to set and I will have to leave before dark otherwise I don't know how many lives I'll take here.
I decided to go to her dorm room before leaving, maybe she was there.
I was waiting on her balcony. I'm afraid that someone caught me sneaking into her room. So I hide behind the window.
Nineteen minutes later, she walk through the door into her room. The moment I saw her everything freezes. It feels like I'm watching her after a decade. She wore her favorite pink hoodie paired with jeans. Hair open, a little touch of makeup. She looks beautiful as always.
She hadn't noticed me yet, and for a while, I simply watched her. It took me a moment to realize that she doesn't seem good. She looks upset.
My temple pulse harder.
I clenched my fist when he follow her inside. Tylor Luke.
Did he do something again? Why won't he leave her alone?
"What is your problem, Alice?" he yells as he grabs her hand.
What the...
"You" she fired. "You frustrate me".
I know how frustrating and annoying he is. Whenever I saw him, my anger reach its peak.
"Can you please explain what did I do to upset you?" he growl.
Anger and worry coalesced into a block in my stomach. He better behave or I'll smash his head.
"It's been a month after everything still you act as nothing happened". Her voice felt more like a pain. What is she talking about?
Tylor narrows his eyes, jaw tensed "I've already told you the reason. Then why have you always brought this up?".
"Because I can't. I can't act like this anymore" She looks away, "I know I was the one to tell you to act like this before he comes back. But..." she turns, meeting his eyes, "But now I'm telling you to stop this".
A furrow creased my brow. Something is big. I decided to wait until their conversation gets over. I have to find out what the hell is going on between them. And they are waiting for whom.
Frustration flickers across Tylor's face, "This isn't about you, Alice. This is..."
She cut him off, "...About your brother" She completes his sentence. "I care for him too, Luke. But for at once just think about me, about my feelings". She lingers closer, "I need you".
My heart rate ticked up. The familiar noose around my neck tightened.
I squeezed my eyes shut, focusing on a different day, a different memory- but nothing come out.
This can't be... This can't be...
When I opened them again, anger coiled in my stomach, and I didn't bother to hold them anymore.
Luke holds her from her face, pulling her closer to him as his lips meet her.
She kissed him back.
A sharp pain creeps inside my chest, it's like my heart breaks into a thousand pieces. Everything becomes blurry. My legs wobble and dizziness strikes my senses.
I can't believe in my eyes what they were seeing right now. The more they intimate each other the more my pain turned into anger and betrayal.
My body shook and my fingers curled into tight fists.
I storm away. I'm burning from the inside out. And I'm getting an urge to burn the whole world.
It's dark now.
Some amusement rise inside me. Perfect timing to get revenge.
I saw a couple walking in my direction. Suddenly, all my anger comes in full force.
Before he noticed me, my hand grabbed his throat, yanking backward I tightened it more and more. I didn't care what that girl was screaming, hitting my arm. But it doesn't affect me nor stop me from killing him.
He choked under my grip. And I'm loving the way he's struggling. All I can see is Tylor Luke who is struggling under my torture. And without wasting any more seconds I plunged my hand into his chest and twisted his heart before pulling it out.
I throw that lifeless body on the ground. I turned to watch that girl, terror is welled up on her beautiful face. She's shaking with fear.
I tilted my head to watch her closer. I wish I could able to welled up that same fear on Alice's face.
I grab her hair into my fist, dragging her off the campus before more people come and get killed by my hand.
She's screaming like hell.
I close my eyes in frustration.
The more she cried the more I'm getting an urge to kill her as fast as I could.
I took out my knife and start plunging it into his heart again and again till she closed her mouth. All her blood splattered on my face.
I pull up on my feet, "I hate noises" I muttered.
I walk off the gate, taking their bodies with me. I hate leaving traces.
The moment I saw him next, I buried him alive.
You'll soon be dead, Tylor Luke.