Chapter 18

I woke up early this morning, so I decided to go jogging. I'm quite a lazy person because I never get interested in any other things apart from studying. When I was 10 years old. I went for morning exercise with my father but after that, I quit. I always like to be in my room, cuddled with blankets and books.
I wear my warm leggings, a long-sleeved compression top, and a vest which my stepmother had gifted me on my 16th birthday for my yoga classes, so now it's a little bit tight for my age, but never mind.

When I went outside, there were many people already running in their tracksuits, some people were doing exercises, push-ups, stretching etc. in the middle of the park. Great! So I'm the only lazy person around here. No doubt, why they all look so fit and perfect? Now, I get my answer.

I followed the people down that narrow path. I reached the 2nd block, which is near the court, and numerous people are already there. It's like the whole campus woke up early except me.
And here it goes again, he is running too, he is wearing gym shorts and a sleeveless white T-shirt, almost wet from sweat. He must be running for about an hour. His hair was messy on his forehead which he didn't bother to remove, he always look amazing even in his gym shorts. I had seen him take off, and he was running back from where I was coming. I watched him as he run towards me. But then he was bent down loosening the laces of his sneakers. My heart was already racing at its higher speed. I let out a big breath of air and stared at him. He stood up and start running again when someone calls him from behind "Dorian", but he didn't stop, maybe he didn't listen to it "Dorian" again the same call, it was a female voice.
I blinked, I felt my face grow hot when Gloria came in sight, running towards him. She climbed on his back, giggling, he turned his head, smiling with her. He hoisted her up and she put her arms around his neck.
My breath hitched. They were laughing, like a love bird. I looked away. This was the worst morning of my life. He carries her for a few seconds more and then finally puts her down. She was still smiling at him, and so do he.
When they run closer, he looked up at me. He stops and this is when Gloria noticed and watch me too. I could see how her smile turned into bitchy smirk.
"Oh well, Good morning Alice," Gloria said and walked toward me. 
I want to punch her harder right now, but I can't, instead of that, I gave my tight smile.
He didn't say anything, just looking around, must be waiting for her.
"I have never seen you before in this early morning" she ask
"Yeah... I have just started today" I replied without even looking at her. She annoys me.
She arched her eyebrows "That's interesting" she paused "Dorian, come here, why are you there?"
He twisted his head, and sigh in frustration. So, now he's acting like I'm the most annoying person on this planet in front of his so-called girlfriend.
It feels like I'm out of breath and my heart would explode, it was so full.

In his dull, husky voice, he says "Hey".
It felt like a thousand years before I listened to his voice.
I blinked, "Hey". There is twitching in my muscles. My lips became dry just by his presence.
Noise coming from somewhere. We followed the noise.
Two boys were fighting with each other, punching each other faces, taller one punched the second one so hard that he stumbled to the ground, he lunged at his chest, punch in the side of his head.
Dorian hurled toward them but Gloria stopped him, she grabbed his arm "This is not our business" she whisper. He growl under his teeth." What? He'll kill him" and jerked off his hand from her grip.
The second boy pushed him away from his chest and quickly hurled himself back on his feet. The two of them were like two angry dogs, growling and spitting and circling each other. They are now just a few feet away from me.
Dorian was moving towards them when the second boy kicked against the taller one's side with his feet and he crumbled on me so hard that I faltered backwards, but Dorian holds me. I crashed directly on his chest, his hand was on my waist, holding me tight to prevent me from falling. My back was on his chest. I tilted to look at him. His gaze is already on me, catching him off guard was a good sign. His single touch was enough to raise my heartbeat by hundred times. He didn't say anything, his expression was still stony, unreadable. After a moment he blinked, and remove his grip from me.  He stepped away from me.
Gloria glared at me. She looked furious. And some part of me is loving her reaction.
When I glance up at him, he's no longer watching me, as something reminds him that he can't because his girlfriend is standing next to him. And this is when he ran away from us without saying anything. Gloria followed him too.
The fight is stopped now, and they just disappeared. I look around but they are nowhere. 
I could still hear my heart pounding.
I went back to my room, wishing that it was all just a dream.