•4•

Kayla's pov

Colby

That's all I could think about when I saw him there. "K you should go talk to him" devyn said. Is she crazy or something.

I look back up to him to see his baby blue eyes. "Are you going to say anything or just stare" colby said. I can't do this right now.

"I'm sorry guys" I run to my room and change really fast while I hear them nock on the door telling me to come out. "Kayla please come out now" I hear Tara through the door. I ignore her then then I heard pounding.

"Kayla Robinson if you don't open this door now I'll bust it open" I then hear JC and Corey say at the same time.

I grab my skate board and open my window without making a noise and leave. Thank God I live in a apartment building with a fire escape ladder.

Later on I'm just riding the streets of LA on my skate board letting the wind take me on this journey to wherever. I Riding when I see a park I've never been to. It looked like a good place for a family to take there kids to.

I get off my board on walked up to the swing set. No one was there so I decided to sit on the swing set and just look at the sky.

Maybe I should get clean and stop trying to be on the run from a cop. I pull my phone out and open my contacts. I see Colby's name and it makes my heart ache. I press on my dad's contact and called him.

"Hello" he said "hey dad I need to ask you something" my voice was shaky "are you ok sweetie you didn't get arrested did you?" he asked "no dad I didn't, I just wanted to ask if I can stay at your place for awile I miss you." I say as tears come up in my eyes "I also wanna get clean to dad" I say as I here a gasp in his voice "of course sweetie when will you be coming over?" He asked "I'm thinking tomorrow night or the day after" I say as he agrees "ok darling I love you and I'll see you then" he says "ok I love you to dad bye" I say as I hang up.

I start to tear up big time and I start to cry, no I start sobbing for no reason why am I having a panic attack.

I hear someone trip behind me and I look back and see everyone from the apartment. "What. wait. when. were. how" I say as I'm trying to breathe then I blacked out.

A few hours has passed and then I wake up in my bed. Wait what the last thing I remember is being at the park talking to my dad.

"Oh ur awake" I hear Corey say as I nodded "Corey what happened last thing I know was that I was talking to my dad at the park but after that I can't remember anything" I say as he sits next to me.

"Kayla you passed out at the park when you saw everyone there. I'm so sorry, we were all just worried about you so we went out and searched for you but then dev showed me her phone to show us were you were at" he says. "Don't be sorry Corey you were just making sure I was ok."

I look at him and see his eyes start to get watery. I give him a quick hug. Corey is like my older brother along with jc. Them two are always there for me when I need someone at my worst.

"Corey I need to tell you something before I tell everyone else" I say as he looks at me and nods. "Im going to my dad's for awile to get clean. I don't know how long I'll be gone but I'ma be gone for awile" I say as I see his frown turn into a smile.

"I'm happy for you, can I tell you a secret and don't tell devyn I don't want a death wish" I nodded and giggled "I've been clean for 5 months now. Every time y'all handed me a blunt or coke I faked it all"

I looked at him with a shocked face "wow you have been sober for that long I'm impressed" he nodded "wait so does that mean you don't drink anymore?" I asked