Chapter 30

After bidding Dev and Rohan farewell, Arvika and Kavya made their way back to their dorms, the excitement of the upcoming Bollywood Glam Night still buzzing in Kavya, whereas Arvika nevertheless was mulling over because Kavya had signed them up for the 'Bollywood Glam Night' without even consulting her, WhatsApping their names to the respective organizing committee. Her frustration bubbled up, and she was about to unleash a rant on her friend when Kavya held up her hands in surrender. 

"Okay, okay, I know I messed up," Kavya said quickly, trying to pacify Arvika before she erupted. "But listen, we can make this work. We'll get the props and costumes from our hostel mates. You know the seniors always have tons of stuff lying around, and they'll be more than happy to help us out. Also, you are excellent at dramatics, babe. Those expressions! I know you'd kill it." 

Gritting her teeth, Arvika vented out, "Kavya! That was ages ago! I was just a school-goer at that time when I used to mimic actresses and even some actors. People will laugh at me. GOD!". 

Sighing, Kavya made her sit on her bed and kneeled in front of her, taking her hands in hers, "Arvika, that's what even I am saying, no? We'll have 2-3 minutes to enact whatever scene we like of our favourite Bollywood movies."

Arvika settled onto her bed, bringing Kavya also on it as she turned to face Kavya. "Kavya," she began, her tone gentle but firm, "You realise this is college. I used to mimic in front of our friends only. Both are different, no?". 

Kavya pouted, taking a cushion to rest her elbows, and said, "Yaar. Then move your ass and make some progress, and explore what potential you have within you by participating in these activities. Please, Boo. Please? Come on, please. If you do not participate, even I will not participate. Huh". And here goes the best emotional blackmailer award. 

Arvika's huff softened slightly at the emotional blackmailing threat of her best friend. She knew Kavya was right; she needed to explore what potential she had within herself other than her academic l' habileté.

After a moment of contemplation, Arvika sighed, "Fine, but you owe me big time for this, Kavya."

"Haha, you bet," Kavya flashed a triumphant grin and kissed Arvika's cheeks, her mind already racing with plans on how to make their Bollywood Glam Night appearance unforgettable. She had managed to turn the situation around with her shrewdness of persuasion and she couldn't help but laugh evilly in her mind at her brilliance.  

"Eww, what was that for?" Arvika groaned at the sloppy kiss, glaring at Kavya yet again. 

"I couldn't give my baby a kiss because of the presence of the third wheelers, so thought of adjusting with you," Kavya laughed with an evil glint in her eyes, earning a thump on her shoulder from Arvika. "Don't be hanky panky with me, you idiot. I am not Rohan sir. Eww. Your thoughts, Kavya. Just yuck," Arvika shouted, with a scowl marring her features, she rubbed her cheeks off with a kerchief.  

"Haha. Why not baby? Let me pacify you!". With a dramatic move, Kavya had just stood up to give another sloppy kiss to her best friend when they heard a knock on their door, ending their idiotic romantic banter. 

"Har jagah Kabab me Haddi". Kavya rattled and got up to receive the person at their dorm's door, receiving another attack of a cushion at her bum. 

(Third wheelers) 

To their surprise, a group of first-year girls burst into the room, their faces flushed with excitement and anticipation.

"Kavya! Arvika! We've been searching everywhere for you two! Where were you!" one of the girls exclaimed, her voice filled with frenzy. "We need to finalize our roles for the Bollywood Glam Night!"