Chapter 11

Playlist:
"Someone to love" by Shayne Ward
"Kaise batayun tujhe" by KK
"Nit Nit" by Jasleen Royal

~

Being in a new college after coming from a faraway land was tough for a newcomer, homesickness, ragging, new environment, there were many factors to be worried about, Vinay sighed sadly after getting out of the washroom. He still couldn't believe that finally, he was in Delhi, away from his hometown, away from his very Jammu, the beautiful city where he had lived with his lovely family since childhood, till a few days back.

Just after exiting the washroom, he had gotten a notification on his mobile phone which was a WhatsApp notification from his elder sister who had sent a big message to him, wishing him good luck for the very first day of his college life, which got his whole attention on the mobile screen, with a smile adorning on his lips, completely unaware about the girl who too was coming towards him, busy in adjusting the creases of her kurta, but both their 'I don't care using my eyes while walking' attitude got better of them, making them both crumbled harshly on the hard floor, with one on the other, making Vinay's phone skyrocket in the air.

"Damn," Vinay cursed under his breath suddenly getting hit on his backhead along with his elbows with a heavyweight thrown at his chest out of the blue.

"Ouch," Arvika too had hurt herself on her forehead in the process of collapsing with this unknown dude who was wincing in pain now as his elbows too had been hit hard by the rigid and hardened marble floor along with his backhead.

"Can you get up, please? You are heavy!" Vinay grumped in a heavy tone shocking Arvika to the core. How dare he called her heavy! She immediately got up, leaving his body and was now glaring at the boy who was still wincing in pain.

"You! How dare you call me heavy?" with her hands on her hips, Arvika scowled at the unknown boy who still hadn't gotten up from the hardened floor, maybe he fell in love with it.

"Here, I am in immense pain and you're fighting over being light or heavy! Girls!" Vinay finally got up, rubbing the back of his head along with his bum which too had burns all over it due to sudden contact with the ground, it'd surely leave a swollen mark on it, he deduced unhappily. What a great start of his college life, get the intended sarcasm.

"Then who told you to use a mobile phone while walking?" Arvika noticed the phone that was lying on the ground with the screen facing on the ground, catastrophic. She pitied for his phone but she wasn't going to leave this guy because of whom she had fallen on the ground on the very first day of her college life.

"And if I was walking while using my phone, what were you doing? Why didn't you avoid our collision?" Vinay too scowled back at her, putting his hands on his waist.

"I was adjusting my dress, so I didn't see that a donkey was coming towards me who would collide with me like a khula saand (Freely roaming bull)," Arvika 's witty yet humorous remark made Vinay chuckle at her sense of humor even at this serious moment that they were having right now.

"And now that donkey even has the audacity to laugh without even asking for an apology," with a scowl on her face, Arvika folded her hands against her chest, glowering at the unforgiving boy who was still chuckling even at the death glares that she was throwing at him.

"You are funny, okay, I am sorry for colliding with you," Vinay smiled sheepishly, now gingerly noticing the cute yet fierce girl who had collided with him who still was busy in throwing daggers at him with her beautiful eyes.

"It's not okay, first stop your smiling and then apologize," Arvika was giving a tough time to him now.

"Okay Queen Victoria, I am sorry," Vinay tried not to laugh at her and apologized in a fake-solemn tone.