Chapter 31

While Kavya's performance was unfolding on the stage, here, Arvika felt her nerves escalating with each ensuing moment. She sat backstage along with a handful of other students who were lethargically loitering around as all the other performers had left to join their friends in the auditorium as their performances had ended well. Meanwhile, Arvika's stomach was tied in knots, her mind a tornado of doubts and fears. Her performance was next, her turn to step into the spotlight, but the prospect was daunting.

Just as her nervousness threatened to overwhelm her, a familiar face from her class approached, holding out a glass of coke with a reassuring smile. It was Chandrika, the class CR who too had graced the Bollywood Glam Night with the ever-iconic Chammak Chhallo performance from Ra.One. 

"Hey, Arvika," Chandrika said gently, "I noticed you looked a bit nervous. Here, take this. It'll help you shake off those jitters."

Arvika hesitated for a moment, her hands trembling slightly, but she accepted the glass with gratitude. Eyeing the alcohol-brown coloured glass with a little apprehension, she asked expectantly, "It will help, right?". 

"Of course!" Chandrika nodded her head in excitement and with a warm smile, she raised her own can of Red Bull, clinking it gently against Arvika's glass, exclaiming, "Here's to a burst of energy and unforgettable moments!". Sighing, Arvika eyed the content once again and took a cautious sip, feeling the cool rush of soda and sugar course through her veins.

"Thanks," she murmured, managing a weak smile.

The girl winked. "No problem. Trust me, after a sip of this, you'll be so hyped up, that you'll forget all about your queasiness. You got this, Arvika. Break a leg out there!". But Arvika couldn't notice the evil glint Chandrika passed to her, happy at her achievement.  

Unknown to her, the concoction was starting to take effect, its strong combination slowly seeping into her system.

Within minutes, Arvika began to feel the effects of the drink. A warmth spread through her body, and a haze clouded her mind. Feeling choked by the scarf around her neck, which seemed to constrict her with every breath, she hastily removed it, revealing the deep neckline of her golden dress, not actually bothered about the eyes it would draw to her.

And now, after her name was called, she stood on the stage, bathed in the spotlight, the auditorium erupted with hoots, hollers, and whistles from the crowd of eager onlookers. The atmosphere was charged with excitement and desire, the air thick with anticipation and arousal. Arvika found herself engulfed in a sea of lustful gazes, the effects of the drink further clouding her judgment and inhibitions. Just when the music was going to play, a sudden darkness engulfed her along with those onlookers. 

****

"Kya lag rahi hai Bhai....ye chahiye bas! Those juicy melons!" a lecherous remark chilled through Dev's veins, wrenching him into the pit of his stomach. His blood boiled with anger, his protective instincts surged to the forefront, his fists clenched in frustration at the disrespect shown towards her; he swiftly reached for his phone, dialling a contact with control over the auditorium's lighting system. With a quick exchange of words, the lights suddenly dimmed, plunging the space into darkness.

(OMG! How ravishing she is looking. I just want to claim her!)

As the darkness enveloped the auditorium, chaos arose among the students. Some panicked, while others attempted to illuminate the space with their mobile phone lights, adding to the disarray. The boys retreated at the sudden engulfing darkness on stage, their anticipation turning to frustration. They yearned for the nymph's graceful movements, her allure drawing them in. Their longing intensified, craving glimpses of her enticing cleavage, but all were lost to the vicinity of the darkness.