Chapter 7

Slap! A tight slap!

The resounding slap echoed through the air, leaving behind a crimson mark on the cheek of St. Xavier's most notorious geek. The girl responsible had already run inside the resort with her hips stained with blood, a stark reminder of the private ordeal she had endured.

All of Dev's efforts to shield his beloved from embarrassment now seemed futile as the teachers and excited students bore witness to her intimate crimson mark. Murmurs and whispers rippled through the crowd, leaving those privies to the situation dumbfounded. 

"Dev, what is the meaning of this?" Mr. Abhinav's voice cut through the tension, directed at the defeated figure before him. Dev's expression betrayed a sense of defeat, as if he had lost everything in that moment.

"Please, sir, I cannot explain now. Allow me to go to her," Dev pleaded, his heart heavy with the weight of the situation.

But Mrs. Sarita intervened, her commanding voice silencing any further discussion. She swiftly directed Mr. Abhinav to escort the students away, leaving only Dev, Sakshi, and herself amidst the aftermath of the chaotic scene.

"So, tell me what new story you cooked this time? And how come blood is there on that girl's back?" Dev couldn't believe that the person who was a woman herself was asking him such questions with disgust filled in her tone.

"She had her first period, that's why," Dev's words cut through the tension, his tone tinged with anger. He resented the teacher's interrogation, filled with disdain and contempt for Arvika at her most natural life process.

"Then why were you kissing her? She should be resting in her room, then why?" the vice-principal was getting on his nerves now, Dev wanted nothing but to strangle her neck and bury her deep inside the mountainous soil of Ooty.

"Ma'am, it's our lives. Who we choose to be friends with, who we choose to kiss—why is that any of your concern?" Dev's voice held a simmering anger, a defiance that he could no longer contain. His anger surged within him, a force determined to confront anyone who dared to interfere, teacher or otherwise.

"How dare you talk like this!" with that being said, Mrs. Sarita was going to slap Dev on his left cheek where Arvika had slapped him a few moments ago, but before her old hand could touch his cheek, he had already held her hand in the air, grasping her hand tightly in his hold.

"No one dares to put a finger on me, you are my teacher, so be one, I am respecting you because of that only," even Mrs. Sarita flinched at Dev's harsh and rude tone which he had used for the very first time for her.

"I'll sue you! Who do you think you are? Do you think you can get away with this? Not this time, Dev, not this time. I'll ensure you're expelled from this school. We don't need troublemakers like you. And that girl, she'll be expelled too. We won't tolerate nonsense from students like you!" Her voice rose with each word, her face flushed with anger, her ego wounded by none other than Dev, the troublemaker extraordinaire.

"Then sue me, I am not afraid of you or either the principal, I am still saying this, I didn't commit a crime by kissing her, go and do whatever the hell you want," and that was the last statement that Dev bellowed at her, shocking and hurting her Jupiter-sized ego more than anyone else had ever done to her.

"Your sister will also be expelled," Mrs. Sarita tried to pull out the last string, trying to trigger the last pulse of Dev's nerve which was just a step away from exploding like a bomb.

"Yeah, expel the whole school, my friends too, my favorite teachers, my mates as well, and teach yourself and study yourself, I don't give a damn," grasping the hand of his sister, he moved towards the resort towards the room where he could find his baby, his Arvika who was furious at him and his unwelcomed gestures of what he had done today with her.