Chapter 2

People say, after your home, the school is your second home, the teachers are your second parents and your classmates and schoolmates are your siblings.

Arvika had always believed in that saying, but unfortunately, the past school was not a good memory for her, it was anything but good. Students were too bossy and rowdy, along with their obnoxiousness with a dash of pride, as they all were mostly from affluent families, having a silver spoon in their mouths since childhood which had made them arrogant and obstinate.

She too had a rich father of whom she could be proud, but unfortunately, he was not her biological father and he too never left a chance unturned to prove that to her. But she had resolved to herself that she would be so successful that she could be proud of herself.

After one week, finally Arvika along with her half-brother, Akshit were ready to join their new school, St. Xavier's Convent, the city's topmost school which was famous for giving many famous alumni who were successful in their respective lives. Mr Srivastav had already deposited Akshit's fees, while Arvika, like every time, had been awarded a scholarship, because of taking part in various All-India-Level-Scholarship-Exams, which had given her a lot of help.

Children of her age used to spend their pocket money on buying smartphones, dresses, cosmetics, video games and the list is endless, but she was a gem. Having such an unsupportive family, she couldn't even ask for a bar of chocolate, forget about anything else. Whatever they gave to her was the same thing which they used to give to their servants, because in their eyes, Arvika was not their daughter, but just a burden on their shoulders. And she knew it better. Her mother had said these words many times.

"Dad, I wanted a Spiderman bag, and you brought this good-for-nothing Mickie's bag, I already hate it," Akshit complained, sitting on the passenger seat, with his father in the driver seat, while Arvika was busy gawking at the beautiful nature which she could see from the car's window, clutching her old, simple bag which she had got as first prize in a writing competition, to her chest which had been torn from the front.

Arvika sighed when she heard her brother's complaining; here she was still using that bag which was at least two years old, and there, her brother was complaining of the differences of his favourite cartoon characters printed on his bag.

"Okay son, today I will call my assistant and tell him to bring you a 'spiderman bag' and then will give this bag to our maid's son, what say?" Mr Srivastav loved his son over the moon, and his son's complaint was not liked by him, he wanted to give him the whole world, how could he reject his son's wish for just a school bag.

"You are the best Dad in this world," Akshit's voice was enough for Mr Srivastav to be cheered up again.

After a drive of around half an hour, finally, they were inside the premises of their new school.

"Bye Dad," Akshit was awestruck when he saw his new school's building yesterday, which had such a marvellous architecture. Arvika too had admired the buildings' architecture, it was a splendid monument.

"All the best, son, enjoy your day," Mr Srivastav kissed his son's forehead, and finally after bidding him adieu, he went away towards his office, completely ignoring the step-daughter which he had got free with his love, his wife.

"Bye Arvika," Akshit cheered loudly and went towards the class which his father had already shown to him yesterday when they had come for the admission.

"Bye Akshit," she greeted him back, while still noticing her surroundings. Students were scattered here & there, waiting for the morning assembly to start. Some were busy laughing, some were gossiping, she smiled looking at the teenagers and finally got inside her classroom room, which read 'VIII A' on the top of the wooden door.