Chapter 13

Dev Kapoor!

The name was enough to send a shiver down her spine because of which her conscious mind got better of her, making her choke on the cottage cheese that she was munching upon a few moments ago.

So, he is back, Arvika deduced, pushing away the plate, her appetite suddenly vanished to thin air, because why not? He was the freaking person because of whom her life had been no less than a marathon, making her the panting sprinter of an unknown race competition, also known as her 'life'.

While all the girls were already going all 'awws' and 'wow' over Dev's few of the pics that were visible on his Facebook profile, Arvika had already left the mess, galloping towards her room with her raised, palpitating heart rate and a dead and buried fear taking over her again after many years.

The fear of Dev and his possessiveness that she had tried to bury deep inside her fragile heart years ago which was now emerging again with an unknown fervor.

"He's back, he's back," her mind was chanting incoherently, again and again. She didn't know what was there in store for her in the future, but one thing was sure, she'd not be the older version of herself this time, she had pledged to herself. She couldn't be weak in front of that pig, the colorful name she had given to him, the very day he had touched his pig-like lips with hers.

"Arvika, why are you running?" after a few minutes of a happy dance with other girls, when Kavya didn't see her best friend in the mess, she too had left for her room and on the way, she saw how swiftly her friend was busy in running away towards their shared dorm.

"Nothing, come inside," Arvika immediately stopped her 'Dorm run' real-life game and waited for her friend till she reached her, anticipating the secret that she was going to disclose to her friend which she had hidden from her for so long. A heavy sigh left her lips, making her feet quiver a little. All this was so much to take in, the revelation of Dev being her senior was too unexpected and miraculous to her more than just being a coincidence.

"You didn't finish your dinner, Miss," Arvika had to pull her best friend inside their room and before she could've even locked their door, Kavya excused her of the left-out food where Arvika had sat in the mess today.

"Kavya listen. I need to tell you something very important but before that, promise me you won't disclose it to anyone, not even your mother, please," after making Kavya sit on her bed, Arvika knelt in front of her, taking her friend's hands into hers as she knew how woefully Kavya would react after the revelation of Arvika's past.

Kavya nodded her head and promised to Arvika, "Yeah, I won't".

"Dev Kapoor was the one who had kissed me forcefully when I was only thirteen, I hadn't disclosed the name five years ago, but he was the one because of whom I was admitted in that boarding school, because of whom my life took an abrupt u-turn, because of whom I was humiliated a lot, because of whom I was nothing but a laughing stock in people's eyes for many days," with her quivering voice and a heavy heart, Arvika finally voiced out all the things which her best friend needed to know before she could've formed a crush or worse, an infatuation for that particular him.

"What? Are you serious? That president was the one who kissed you?" Kavya had to do a double-take when her best friend's words finally registered in her consciousness, making her stand upright from the bed.

"Yes, he's Dev the person..." before Arvika could have spoken more, Kavya was already shouting her guts out in sheer glee and excitement.

"God Arvika, he's such a charmer, all our girls' classmates, as well as the girls of other departments, are after him as he's got such a heavenly and godly look along with his fantabulous personality and you're saying he's the one who kissed you! I really cannot believe it, man," Kavya's over-enthusiastic and out-of-the-world reaction was justified seeing the craze that Dev's personality had among the fella girls of IIET, Delhi, ranging from the girls of first-year to even of the fourth-year along with the other girls who followed him, blindly on other social media platforms and the girls of infinity.