Chapter 10

This dedication is very small in front of your greatest, heartful supports Di! 

~

Playlist: 
Instrumental of 'My heart will go on', 
Instrumental of 'Kal ho na ho'

~

"Bhaiya, we have been calling you for the past hour, where were you busy?" Sakshi exasperated out in an angry and frustrated tone, irritated by her brother's lenient and careless way.

"Sakshi, I was in an interview, that's why I couldn't pick my phone, by the way, where are you now?" Dev was finally out of the interview room, where the interviewer was still dumbfounded by the audacity of this candidate, who had given such kind of reply that he had never gotten in his entire twenty-plus years' experience of his interviewing career. Such a thug life and replies Dev had in the truckload of his extraordinariness. 

"At your penthouse," Sakshi replied, sipping the mango shake that her mother had prepared for her. 

"You already reached?".

"Yeah, an hour ago, we landed on Delhi airport, and currently, I'm lying on your comfy bed, enjoying the delicious mango shake along with some banana chips, yum," Sakshi had the birthright to irritate the hell out of her brother, it was exclusively concluded now. 

"Sakshi, why do you always do like this? I am coming straight away, then for sure I'll teach you a lesson, why are you hell-bent to destroy the structure of my room and my bed?" Dev pulled his hair in irritation, he had turned twenty-one and his sister eighteen, for God's sake but still, her childishness had not left her, when would she grow up, only God knows!

"I love teasing you, that's why," she giggled loudly irritating her brother more and more. 

"Today, I am not going to leave you, girl," Dev had already unlocked his car's door and was just going to enter inside when his best friend called him from behind.

"Bye, for now, Rohan is calling me," Dev cut the call and turned towards his best friend who too had taken admission in this prestigious college with him three years back, with the difference of just their streams, as Dev was in Electronics and Communication engineering while Rohan was pursuing his Mechanical engineering. 

"You are looking dashing in this sky blue formal shirt and this black slacks, too handsome, my boy," after sharing a manly hug, Rohan whistled at his friend's outfit. 

"Thank you, Rohan," Dev smiled back at him in acknowledgment and folded the sleeves of his shirt, after putting his phone inside his pant pockets. The cufflinks were too irritating for him. 

"So, how was your interview?"  Rohan asked his best friend in an anticipated tone, after all, it was the first placement drive of 2020 session for which Dev had sat for.

"It went well, the interviewer seemed impressed of me," with a boyish grin playing on his lips, Dev replied, resting his back on his car.  

"Well, that was expected from you, Dev, my most intelligent friend. By the way, do you know, freshers have already started to come, I'm still in a hope that maybe I get a girlfriend, this time, man, being in Mechanical engineering has the most adverse effect on your love life, huh," the singleness of Rohan was always a thing to crack up at for Dev. He knew how bad the conditions were for his friend, with no girl classmate in his mechanical classroom, no girl juniors in his stream, sadly, other than his mother and sister, no girl was associated with him. And talking about the girls of other departments, most of them were already taken, leaving a few who had the attitude problem, as cited by the rational-minded Rohan.