Chapter 24

Mera to bad luck hi kharab hai!

(My bad luck is bad)

The famous dialogue abruptly clouded Arvika's agitated cognisance; she gulped loudly and looked at the stains of her sins on her senior's opulent apparel. She anticipated punches, slaps from Risha as yesterday's ink-stained shirt was not a very distant memory for her.

For the ink-thing, Risha created such a big drama; for this vomiting session, would the matter reach the parliament? Arvika could only hope against hope for the most antagonistic things that she could have to sustain in the next few minutes.

Kavya too mirrored her friend's horrifying expressions.

Risha looked no less than the Kilauea volcano of Hawaii ─ the world's most active volcano. A crimson lava-like hue was spread over her face, her small nose was disseminated over an acre just like her futuristic exaggerated reaction that the crowd was anticipating out of her.

"How dare yo.." before Risha's hand would have encountered Arvika's chubby cheek, Rohan came out of nowhere like a superhero and held Risha's hand in the mid-air.

Rohan chuckled at Risha's destroyed-in-seconds look and said, "Risha, Dev was asking for you. Over there." Rohan was quick to understand the whole commotion from a distance and he knew that only Dev could save Arvika. That's why he made his best friend the scapegoat for Arvika ─ his best friend's lady love.

On the other hand, Dev didn't have a care for this world and was soundly sleeping on his acquired seat with his head reclining on the cushioned headrest.

"What, Dev? For what?" Risha forgot every incident and turned her whole attention towards Rohan at the mention of her dreamboi.

All the anticipating eyes got back to their usual work as the much-awaited Dangal was withdrawn.

"I don't know. He was saying and I quote, 'I have not seen Risha today, I wonder whether she has come or not.' You should really go and meet him after cleaning all this mess, ASAP." Rohan piqued in a solemn tone but from inside, he was chortling at Risha's state. She looked repugnant with all those stains on her dress.

Arvika was noticing all these things and she was really thankful to Rohan who saved her from Risha's wrath. The commotion had stopped her abdomen to ooze out any more waste material. Risha's angered eyes were extremely scary, Arvika deduced.

"I will see you later," with her index finger pointed at Arvika, Risha warned Arvika and turned her heels towards the washroom.

Arvika couldn't actually believe that Dev saved her for the second time, although indirectly from the vengeance of that madwoman. She thanked Rohan and after cleaning her face and dress where there were stains of some waste with a wet wipe, she sat across Kavya and huffed a sigh of breath.

She was so close to being butchered by the bare hands of Risha.

"Are you feeling better now?" Kavya asked Arvika as soon as the latter sat across from her.

Arvika nodded her head and whispered, "Rohan sir saved me," at which Kavya gave her a tantalising smile and nudged at her stomach. Arvika eyed her dubiously and asked, "What?".

"Dev Bhaiya is great". Kavya announced in a sing-song manner and Arvika could only smack her head against the headrest.

The same slogan again for the Dev-Gaan or Dev Anthem, whatever suits.

"Rohan gave me these pills. Consume it, Babes, before you spill your Palak Paneer on Risha again," Kavya snickered and handed the pills to Arvika which she swallowed in the twinkling of an eye. Kavya knew her friend was a tough nut to crack but she was desperate to be the cupid of her best friend's love story.