Chapter 28

Playlist:

"Kaise Batayun Tujhe" by KK
"Mera Pehla pehla pyaar hai" by KK
"Lover" by Taylor Swift

*Slightly Mature Content*

"You might think I'm exaggerating but I swear you're as pure as the deity inside this temple for me, whether you're menstruating or not," and that was enough for Arvika to lower down her tears barricades as droplets of pearls started glistening down her doe eyes.

Nobody had ever made her so proud of being the monthly subscriber of Nature's Menstruation than this man in front of her.

She hugged Dev and this was his time to freeze.

Too much freezing, was it Delhi or Siachen?

Arvika hugged him as the blockades of her insecurities broke and all her nestled feelings converged into a bone-crushing hug. Dev stood frozen in disbelief as Arvika's arms wrapped around him, drawing him into an unexpected embrace. Shock rippled through him, mingling with a twinge of sadness at the knowledge of Arvika's pain. He had never anticipated such a gesture from her, especially given the circumstances of her menstrual cycle and the emotional weight she carried from her best friend's silence about her mother's heart attack.

Arvika's embrace around Dev was a balm for her frayed nerves, offering a moment of rest from the tumultuous day she had endured. The weight of her best friend's silence, compounded by the chaotic dance of her own hormones and the relentless grip of her period, had left her feeling emotionally drained and vulnerable. Yet, in Dev's arms, she found a refuge from the storm, a safe haven where she could let down her guard and release the flood of emotions that threatened to overwhelm her.

On the other hand, to be sure that she was hugging him, Dev blinked his eyes and even counted from twenty to one. Arvika was still hugging him. For a moment, he hesitated, unsure of how to respond to this sudden display of emotion. But then, instinct took over, and he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close in a gesture of reassurance and support.

Arvika interpreted it as a gesture of friendship and comfort, seeking solace in the warmth of their embrace. To her, it was a moment of emotional connection, a reminder that she was not alone in her struggles and her other friend, that is, Dev was with her. He could feel the tension in her body slowly melting away as she leaned into his embrace, seeking solace in the familiarity of his presence. However, unbeknownst to her, Dev's thoughts raced in a different direction. As he held her close, he couldn't shake the feeling of intimacy that permeated the embrace.

Each gentle squeeze of her arms against his body sent a jolt of electricity through him, awakening dormant desires that he had long kept buried.

"Thank you, I needed this. I was just too emotional after all the things that unfolded today. Thank you," as Arvika drew back from the embrace, she whispered, her eyes being moist of her raw emotions. But Dev had a completely differed demeanor.

Arvika's hug enveloped Dev in a whirlwind of sensations, both sensual and emotional, leaving him momentarily breathless. Sensually, her touch sparked a fire within him, igniting a primal longing that pulsed through his veins with every beat of his heart. The warmth of her embrace seeped into his skin, awakening desires he had long suppressed, a tantalizing dance of closeness that left him intoxicated with longing.

A subtle flush crept up his neck, and his pulse quickened as he struggled to regain his composure. It was as if every fiber of his being was attuned to her presence, responding instinctively to the magnetic pull of her allure.

In that moment, he realized that even the slightest touch from Arvika had the power to set his heart ablaze with desire. He needed her to stay away from him otherwise he didn't know how he'd control his primal instincts towards her. He needed to avoid her touch for it awakened intoxicating ablaze within him.