Chapter 19

"Bless you both to have a happily married life ahead with loads of cute babies, a mother's blessing would surely befall on you both, it never goes in vain, thank you once again," the sentimental and dismantled lady ultimately blessed the couple, unknown about their marital status and trudged away hurriedly, leaving behind two red-faced, warm-blooded homosapiens whose four-chambered hearts suddenly started pittering-pattering in sync!

While one looked at the other with dreamy eyes, the other reciprocated the obligation with her fretful orbs.

Babies with this man, no way! He's such a cranky man, along with his impulsiveness too, Arvika thought tentatively, scrunching her nose at Dev who was busy smiling at her like an idiot.

Gobsmacked at the bewildering wishes of the hyperventilating lady, Kavya's uproaring laugh got both the pop-eyed young, future couple out of their staring competition. She had recorded their life's first beautiful yet funny encounter in her device, wishing incoherently for the same thing to happen with her best friend and her hero that the lady had just blessed for, a while ago. She'd love to be the aunt of at least two cute bundles of joys having the bestowing traits of the appealing Arvika as well as the dynamic Dev.

Nearing the couple, Kavya chanted in a daze giving naughty looks towards Arvika who was busy in throwing nervous glances towards the same way the lady had gotten away to, "That lady was such an angel". Arvika could only sigh heavily at that as she knew how her best friend had always idolised Dev, she didn't want to start another argument and time-killing now, could she?

"Yeah, such a great-hearted lady, I mean this was the best blessing that I've gotten in my life so far. By the way, Arvika, what do you think about that?" giving a wink towards Kavya, Dev started walking along with Arvika having a lopsided grin intact on his face. Kavya too was now walking beside her best friend, all ready to tease her out of her guts!

Redness floated across her cheeks but she managed to get out it without being sunken, "I think she was a fool to not see the differences between us, forget about being a couple, we don't even look good as friends because we definitely are not, and Mr President, please walk at a distance from me". And she was back to her older self, giving a cold shoulder to the special someone.

Dev along with Kavya chuckled at her response and gotten away from her, who knows she might already punch them in their face. Who would dare to mess with such a witty yet fierce girl? The dismantled lady along with the baby had already riled up her a lot, the volcano of anger could erupt anytime now, they needed to keep in check of their jokes forthwith.

"You want to buy an evening dress for the freshers, right? I think this would be the most suitable store for that!" Dev cheered in a happy tone, ushering Kavya inside a famous store. She was already exhilarated, gawking at the perfumed, air-conditioned showroom which was flaunting all their best apparels on artistic mannequins posing in different stylish mannerisms.

Arvika mumbled to herself while opening the polished glass door, "For sure he knows all about the girly pieces of stuff". But after entering the showroom, she too was flabbergasted at the showy, eye-catching dresses that were put up at the display, all the dresses were shouting elegance and opulence in big capital letters. She didn't belong here, she couldn't buy apparels from such an expensive store, her scholarship funds were for her survival, not for her luxury, she had to remind herself!

Panic and self-consciousness again started resurfacing her, the other ladies were dressed in grandiose and bewitching attires whereas her dress was just the ones the middle classes could afford. She felt out of place, her hands were already sweaty and her face, flooded with nervousness and disdain.

"Did you take your medicines, today?" a manly voice got her out of her reverie and then ger eyes landed on the same man who had held her hands a few moments ago before the baby scandal. "Huh?" she befuddled disorientingly, why was he asking such an odd question to her, her confused eyes couldn't see the playfulness behind his brown ones.