Chapter 34: Start Of BAD Tour

"Where have four of you been, Michael?" Katherine asked Michael about Janet, Fiona, Nina, and himself.... worriedly. Michael couldn't possibly say he just celebrated his birthday, nor could he lie. But Janet spoke up for him.

"I, uh, asked them to go out with me. I invited them to watch a movie. Back-to-back-to-back-to-back. 4 different movies straight." She lied.

"So why are you, Fiona, and Nina all dolled up while Michael's in his pajamas?" Michael scratched his head at that statement and felt embarrassed.

"You know how we girls are, right? Always dolling ourselves up even though our journey's just around the house. Unlike men." She teased.

"Hey, are you accusing me of being a messy slob?" Michael defended himself.

"Probably..." Janet teased him again. "Kidding, kidding!" Then they all laughed.

~

"Why didn't we just tell her about your birthday party?"

"Haven't I told you before that I'm a Jehovah's Witness? I'm not supposed to celebrate those kind of stuff."

"I see. But it was just for fun."

"Girl, when it comes to religious stuff, Mother don't wanna break no tradition."

"Oh... It's cute when you talk in your Indiana accent. Makes me giggle." She winked, and he blushed.

"Well...."

"Well what?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

~

         "Bad" Tour is officially starting on September 12, 1987. Michael was getting really pumped up. He loved the stage so much. Performing, entertaining, making people happy. It was not only a living. He doesn't work for the money, but a joy and a light in his life. He liked making people laugh. Happy. Or even just make them have a small grin on their faces was good enough for him.

         Rehearsals were going great. Michael was so energetic in doing the dances, the "Aaows',"the "Ooohs'," and especially the "'You you you's" during "Man In The Mirror. He was really getting into the spirit. The hops, the spins, the crotch grab that Fiona never saw yet ever since the day he attempted to do in front of her on the first days they met, the toe stands, the moonwalks, and other more.

~

         Mrs. Jackson and Janet insisted Nina to stay behind so she'd be less stressed and can start going to school, after missing a lot in her education. She only would accept it in one condition. She'll only go to the first concert of the tour, which is Hoboken, the Coopers' hometown. (Note: First concert of the "Bad" Tour is not really in Hoboken. Let's just pretend it is.)

         It was a long debate, but Nina got her way. She'll be going on the first tour. Janet will be there, too, so when Nina comes back, she has a guardian she knows and trusts.

         Nina changed a lot ever since. Before, she was that very childish girl who loved dolls, yet also loved boyish stuff. Now, she's a normal, fully grown teenager. She has like an Emo side though. She likes her very long bangs covering, but not fully, one side of her face. She also likes wearing black jackets with a red stripe around the arm and shoes all the time. Either she likes the colors red and black, or she got influenced by Michael, because those are his favorite colors, and he regularly wear those kinds of clothes.

         Michael and Fiona were packing their stuff for the tour. Nina need not to pack because she is only staying for one concert. Michael made Nina choose between watching backstage or watching in the VIP. She picked the second one. Surely, Michael granted her desire. She got the VIP seat, first row, in the center.