Chapter 11: A Same, Unknown Feeling

     Michael's P.O.V.

         When I went to my room, I saw Frank by the bathroom.

"Need anything, Frank?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh, nothing, nothing."

"Oh? You sure? You seem... Startled when I called you?"

"Nah, I'm fine. I'm on my way out now, anyway." He said with an evil smile. I wonder why.

"Okay, Frank. See you later." He went out and I heard him shut the door. Then I heard it open again.

"Mike, I forgot. I ate some of your cream-filled cookies. You don't mind, do you?" Frank called out.

"No, I don't. Where'd you put them?"

"There, by the table near the bathroom." Near the bathroom? Why there?

"Okay... Want some?" I offered him some as I reached out for it.

"No thanks. I just had some awhile ago, right?"

"Oh yeah." I said as I took a bite and Frank was trying to control his laughter. What's so funny about me eating? Then, I suddenly noticed that the filling of the cookie wasn't cream. It was toothpaste!

"Frank Dileo!"

"Yes?" He said while still trying to control his laugh.

"What's the big idea changing the cream to toothpaste? Your dirt-infested hands could've infected the cookie!" I shouted, which made me laugh, too.

"Don't worry, Mike. I used plastic gloves as I did it! And it was a payback from your prank! Told ya I was the best prankster in the world!" He said while he stuck his tongue out.

"I ain't done with you, Frank. This war ain't over!" I said loudly and jokingly.

"Hahahaha!!" He said. "But now I have a question for you."

"Yes?" I wonder what the question is.

"Why did you extend the stay of the person or people living in room 417?"

"I want to..?" I answered back, still giggling.

"Very funny. Now why?" He asked.

I sighed. "You remembered the news about the people who died in the car accident?"

"Yes."

"Well, those are their parents. They just moved here from Hoboken. Their mom and dad were looking for jobs when..... That happened..."