Chapter 12: Confusing Day

     Fiona’s P.O.V.

         I said goodbye to Nina. I went out to look for a job, of course, not without saying goodbye to Michael. He might look for me, and it might start another lie. I knocked at his door. Man, was he a heavy sleeper! I must’ve been standing there for at least 10 minutes. I’ve been knocking the whole time!

Knock. Knock.

“Michael! Wake up, sleepyhead.”

No answer? Knock. Knock.

“MICHAEL!!” I shouted.

“Good morning!” A voice said as the door opened. It was Michael, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

“You’re one heavy sleeper!”

“You’re not the only one who said that.” Michael chuckled and gave out another yawn.

“Well, I’m gonna look for a job, so, I just stopped by to say goodbye.”

“Huh? Oh yeah. Wanna borrow the car?”

“It’s just going to start trouble again, Michael. I’ll walk.” I said.

“I insist. Or at least let me give you money to take a cab or something.”

“No thanks. I have my own money. I’ll take care of myself.” I smiled.

“Meh.. Okay. Can I visit Nina?”

“Sure. Here’s the key to my room, but she’s still sleeping.”

“Alright.”

         I waved goodbye and went off for a new job. Well, at least for 2 months. I went to a mini-mart to buy myself breakfast. As I passed by the counter, I saw a newspaper headlined, “Wacko Jacko’s Girlfriend? Girl, You Can Do Better Than That!” I grabbed the newspaper along with me, not reading the front page, instead, looking for jobs.

Dollar Safe Bank –

Bank Accountant needed.

Contract lasts: At least 30 Days/ 1 month.

Salary: $500 per month. (able to pay weekly.)