Chapter 4: The Week Before Moving

     Fiona’s P.O.V.

      My dad announced that we’re gonna move to Jersey City. I asked him why we’re gonna move there. He just told me it was nearer to travel to and there might be more job openings there. But he was smiling inconspicuously, but I noticed it. What was he smiling about? There must be another reason why we’re gonna move there. Oh well..

      I went to school with Joana. She kept telling me how she will miss me. I said my farewells again in advance. When we arrived at school, my favorite teacher, Ms. Reed, walked up to me. She told me her farewells to me and gave me a bear hug. I felt really good feeling that somebody really appreciates me. She also gave me a farewell gift.

“Thank you,” I said, feeling a little guilty because my leaving made her use her money just to by me a gift.

“You’re welcome! I’ll miss you so much! I’ll pray for your safety and protection.”

“Thank you!” I said with a big grin.

      The bell rang, so I went in the classroom. It was arts class. Mr. Booke, my other favorite teacher, announced, “Fiona Cooper will be moving in a week, and I want you all to make a card or anything to make her remember us by.” I was shocked and happy. I’m glad he also liked me. “While you, young lady,” he said, looking at me. “Can have a friendly chat with me,” he said as he chuckled.

      I smiled and had a pleasant conversation with him. Suddenly, the topic we were talking about turned to Michael Jackson.

“Do you like his music?” he asked. I was silent. I didn’t know what to say. “

I don’t know, sir. I hadn’t listened to any of his songs. Except ‘Thriller?' I think that was the title.”

“I see,” he answered, smiling.

      The bell rang, and I thanked him for the friendly chat. Everyone in the class gave me cards and some other stuff. I really felt so loved!

      I went home right after school. I had to pack my stuff already. Nina came home 30 minutes later than I did, holding a book. What was she holding?

“What’s that?” I asked.

“It’s my new Michael Jackson book! My friends gave it to me! I love it! They said to remember them every time I read it! ”

“Oh. Okay,” I said, smiling in a confused way.

      Dad came home with a lot of money. “I got my salary for my 7 weeks labor that he didn’t pay me last time! With a going-away bonus!” he shouted happily. I smiled. And guess what? He bought ice cream for us! I always did love ice cream! He also bought a Michael Jackson Album titled “Off The Wall." Oh, well.

     Michael’s P.O.V.

      Tonight, I plan to prank Frank by letting him believe that I’m firing him. This night should be fun. All of a sudden, I hear the door creaking. It was Frank! Now’s the time.

“Hey, Mike! What’s up?”

“I’m packing my stuff.”

“I see you’re in the right mind to pack your stuff now, huh?”

“Yeah. “Oh, by the way, Frank?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m gonna fire you.”

“What?”

“Yes. Sorry.”

“Why, Mike?! I always had been a great manager, right?”

“Uhm, yeah, I guess.”

“Come on, Michael!”

“I- I just--” I pretended to stutter when Frank cut me off.

“What have I done wrong to you?”

"Nothing.”

“Okay! I’m sorry, Michael, for everything bad that I’ve done wrong! Please just hire me back!”

        I went to the bedside table and put my head on my hand as if I was thinking hard.

“Michael?” He doubtfully asked. And that was when I bust out laughing. He was so shocked and serious about everything that it was just too hilarious. “What the hell?”

“I fooled you, Frank! Told you I’ll get payback before you!”

“Holy sh--” I cut him off.

“You should’ve seen the look on your face. I wish I was holding my camera.”

“You owe me big time, Mike! I’m seriously out to get you! Just wait and see!”

“HAHAHAHAHA! As if you’ll find a bigger prank than that! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! This must be the greatest prank ever!”

“You don’t know me, Mike. I was the best prankster in school in my time, and I’m not gonna let my ‘talents’ go to waste,” he said as he made air quoted ‘talents’ and walked out of my room.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it