Chapter 21: Friends

Chapter 21: Friends

"Okay.... Why?" Michael answered back. He obviously doesn't feel comfortable with Joseph. 

"Look, I'm sorry for the things I've done in the past. All I wanted was to discipline you. I wanted you to be the best, that's why, if you notice, I had beaten you the most... I did it for you, but I didn't know that... I was already too much. Why didn't tell me before?"

"Joseph, did YOU ever notice how much everybody is afraid of you? Do you know how much we hated you? All the things you've done. Do you know what you've done to me, Joseph?! Do you even know? The scars, the shame, the wounds.. EVERYTHING IS WRONG! You didn't even want us to call you 'father' or 'dad'. Why didn't you think of that before? It's too late now." Michael shot back.

         Fiona was confused. Who was right? Fiona knew Joseph did all those stuff for them, but she also knew that Michael was right. Joseph shouldn't have done that. She knew she shouldn't be on one side. She has to be the one to fix this father-son conflict.

"Will you two stop?!" Fiona shouted. She couldn't think of anything to say, so she only followed what she felt, mind, heart, and soul. "Don't you two realize how blessed you are?! Still having a son or still having a father? My mom and dad died, and my brother has to work away from my little sister and I. She's the only thing I have. You have something I don't have! WHY DON'T YOU TWO JUST MAKE UP, FOR GOD'S SAKE?!"

         There was an awkward silence.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have shouted..." She apologized. "Maybe I should go up now... I apologize for what I just did." As she was going up, a hand grabbed her arm. It was Michael.

"You're right. No need to apologize. You did the right. I'm sorry, too. Good night. We'll talk about this." Fiona nodded and went up.

*Next Day*

     Fiona's P.O.V.

         I haven't slept ever since what happened yesterday... I felt guilty for shouting at the owners of the house, and I could've hurt anyone's feelings. I wonder what happened with the two of them. I wanted to eavesdrop last night, but I decided not to. It could be a private matter. And, ---

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

         Who could it be? I lazily stood up to open the door, but I kept it quiet so Nina wouldn't wake up. Yep, she's one heavy sleeper. Could it be Joseph? My heart raced quickly, feeling nervous, anxious, and terrified. I opened the door to see Janet. I feel so relieved. "Oh, hi Janet! Good morning!" I greeted.

"Good morning, Fiona! Come down with me! I have a surprise for you! Quickly!" She said excitingly. What's this 'surprise' she's talking about?