Chapter Eleven

"Great. I smell like a girl," Shane complained as he frowned down at the lavender scented bubble filled bathtub. Claire laughed. There wasn't much space in the bathtub, so Shane came up with a 'brilliant' idea for Claire to sit on his lap. Shane's hands held onto her thighs, and he drew small shapes with his fingers.

"Well," Claire replied, moving a little closer to her boyfriend. "At least your skin will be nice and smooth."

"Ha Ha," He mocked a laugh and gently tugged on her high, messy bun. Claire giggled and rested her head against Shane's wet chest. She felt and heard him take in a deep breath after kissing her lightly on the top of her head. "You scared me today, you know?"

"Scared you, Shane Collins? My God, someone call the media." Claire tried going for an 'Eve Like' reply. Honestly, she didn't want to think about what had happened at all. Shane's eyes drifted to her neck, where Myrnin's bite was covered in a large band-aid.

"I'm serious Claire," Shane's eyes traveled back to Claire's eyes. "I don't know what I would have done.. If..." He struggled to finish the rest of the sentence. His voice dropped lower, "If we were too late."

Claire looked down at the soapy water, "You would have staked Myrnin's ass?"

Shane smiled a little and tilted Claire's chin up so he could look into her eyes, "Trust me, I'm going to do that anyway. There's no way I'm letting that crazy son of a bitch get away with what he did to you."

Claire didn't have an answer, and she found herself staring at Shane's lips. His beautifully, sexy, totally kissable lips. Apparently, Shane was thinking the same about Claire, because his lips brushed against hers. Claire's hands gently tugged at his shaggy hair, sometimes causing Shane to moan. His tongue traced the the outside of her lip, and she let his tongue connect with hers. Shane pulled Claire closer to him in one, quick, smooth motion and Claire gasped into Shane's mouth. That got Shane even more excited.

Claire placed her hands on his tanned, washboard abs and gently nibbled on his bottom lip. Shane moaned again, his hands rested on her butt, and he slowly made his way up her body. His wandering hands brushed the side of her breasts, and... there was a knock at the door. Claire pulled away, her cheeks flushing pink.

"Hey," Shane complained. "Way to ruin sexy time!"

Claire heard Michael and Eve's muffled laughter. Eve was the one who spoke.

"Shane Collins. You better not be tainting our pure little Claire."

Claire blushed even harder, "Eve! I'm not that innocent!"

Michael cut them off, and called through the door, "Are you watching the movie or not?" Claire looked to Shane, waiting for an answer. Shane shrugged, but Claire could clearly see the passion and lust lingering in his eyes.

Claire smiled, "Start it without us. We'll be down in a minute." Shane stuck out his bottom lip and nodded in approval.

"Whatever," Eve said. "You don't know what you're missing out on."

Shane came back with an immediate reply, "Trust me, I'm not missing out on anything."

* * *

Claire watched as Shane walked around his room with nothing but his jeans on. She sat on his bed, cross legged wearing one of his black button down shirts that he never wore. He rummaged through his - rather messy - wardrobe and even under his bed.

"What exactly are you looking for?" Claire asked. "We're just going down to the lounge-room?" Shane's eyes rested on her as he stood in front of her, arms crossed across his bare chest. He sighed and ran a hand through his shaggy hair.