Epilogue

“That could have been the most disgusting and scarring things I have ever done in my life,” Shane shuddered as he sank into a chair. Common Grounds smelt like freshly roasted coffee beans and blueberry pastries. “And I have done a lot of bad things in my life.”

“That’s just the half of it,” Claire sighed and sank in to the chair next to him. She let her bag fall to the ground. “At least you don’t have to clean his cage.”

“You don’t clean his cage,” Myrnin interrupted and sat opposite them. “I do, because you are too much of a lazy employee to do your work properly.”

“Hey,” Claire defended. “I did once, but then he decided to crawl up on my arm. I freaked, and you’re lucky Bob’s still alive.”

“You are so cruel,” Myrnin narrowed his eyes at her.

“Coming from the man that slaughtered all of his other assistants,” Michael smirked.

“What are you doing here?” Claire smiled as Michael walked up to their table. He had his guitar in its case slung over his back and Eve strode up happily behind him in all her Gothic glory.

Myrnin was too busy examining the guitar pick he had snatched from Michael, and he kept muttering something. 

“I’ve got a gig,” Michael shrugged as if it were no big deal. “Finally, huh?”

“That’s great man,” Shane winked at him and he got an odd look from Myrnin who just happened to look up at that time. “Can I come backstage with you?”

Michael looked around and bent down a little. “Not in front of the girls,” Michael replied. “I thought we were going to tell them later?”

“Oh bite me dorks,” Eve said and rolled her eyes. “If we’re coming clean, I better admit that me and Claire had a little lesbo-action the other day.”

“Damn,” Shane whistled. 

“Ew,” Claire frowned. “You’re disgusting. 

Michael chucked, “Hey, Claire. I need to talk to you after the show, so don’t go anywhere.”

“I’m not going anywhere,” Claire shrugged and looked between Shane and Myrnin. “Not like these two would let me anyway.”

Michael only smiled, kissed Eve on the cheek and walked away through the door that read ‘OFFICE’. 

“Look at these dumbasses,” Shane said suddenly and Claire turned to look at him. He was looking towards the dark corner of the room where a group of FRAT guys sat close together. One of the guys glanced around the room and handed a small, plastic bag to one of his friends.

“What do you think they’re dealing?” Eve asked as she sank into the spot next to Myrnin. Myrnin glanced at her and scooted away, getting an eye roll from Eve.

“Dealing?” Claire asked and tried to get a better look.

“Who knows,” Shane shrugged and leant back into his seat. “Weed, ice. Probably ecstasy though.”

“Or vampire blood,” Myrnin added as he quickly glanced at the group of guys. He clearly wasn’t interested and was oblivious to the three people staring at him.

“But that’s illegal?” Claire said as she looked back to the guys.

“Many things are illegal, Claire,” Myrnin said and chucked the guitar pick on the table. He sighed and looked up at Claire. “Youngsters still do it. Just ask Shane over there.”

Shane glared at him, “Why are you here exactly?”

“Coffee and doughnuts!” Myrnin waved for the waitress and looked at Shane as if he were crazy. “And Claire told me that you were intelligent.”