Chapter 40 ~ "Till Death Do Us Part."

The fairy lights twinkled in the small church. The slightly dusty rug extended from the entrance to the chapel, where Pink Pearl stood in her black tuxedo.
Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Steven were a makeshift band. They played, "Here Comes The Bride" on a kalimba. Light from the colorful glass panes shone down on the dusty wooden seats. They were now smoother thanks to the cleaning crew. In the wooden benches lined up, several people that Spinel had met long before me sat.

Lapis Lazuli, an edgy teenager who seemed to have similar issues to Spinel. 'That must be why they bonded...' I thought.

Peridot Gem, one of the many cousins Spinel had. She was a bit of a know-it-all, but had a good heart and could be one of the most relatable person I had ever met.

Then the two other cousins of Spinel, Blue Pearl and Yellow Pearl Gem. Yellow was orderly, while Blue was more stoic and had a relaxed bitch-face, but overall both were nice to me.

Then there was Jasper, who I invited. We were on better terms and I slowly grew more comfortable around her after all these years. She acted a lot less threatening to those around her and miraculously befriended Spinel. They occasionally sparred each other and had friendly banter.

And at the last bench, sat Rose Quartz. She'd been teaching me how to cook, since "Spinel's cooking is...not the best. She needs someone special like you to be there for her. Which is why I'll be teaching you how to make her favorite dishes! Heehee! Of course, if she's trying to force you to make her food, don't do it, you're your own independent and fantastic hu—um, f-female!" Rose Quartz said in a determined manner. I laughed as she began teaching me how to make a strawberry milkshake first, along with a variety of foods afterwards in the next weeks.

On the left side of the chapel, there was a row of four benches. In the first wooden bench of four, a girl named Sadie and a boy named Lars sat together. They were friends of Steven.

Sadie had her blonde hair in a ponytail. She was wearing a ruffled blue dress. It was a short dress that served as something casual. She had white sneakers as well.

Lars, on the other hand, had only earlobes for ears. It scared me ever so slightly. He wore a baby blue suit with a black tie to match with Sadie. His black boots clicked against the floor as he impatiently waited.

The second bench was empty.

In the third bench, a girl named Connie. She was Steven's girlfriend. She wore a pink, frilly dress. She had off-white high heels and her hair tied in a messy bun. Her expression read, "I don't want to be here but congratulations."

Then in the final and fourth bench, there sat Greg Universe. Spinel's step-father.

He was a lazy guy but a decent one. I disliked him and liked him at the same time. Most of my negativity came from Spinel's hatred towards him. I decided to ignore her feelings and give him a chance, and he turned out a kind man who seemed genuinely trying to please everyone. He treated me as if he was my uncle, calling me "kid" or "kiddo" pretty often and making stupid jokes. We'd watch random bad movies together and make fun of them.

On this day, I had worn a black jacket and a white shirt. The shirt was collared, so I wore a light baby pink tie as well. My hair was tied in two, clean pigtails. I wasn't wearing much makeup, just some foundation, lip gloss, and a tiny bit of eyeliner. I had on some black pants and brown dress shoes. I nervously panicked while waiting for Spinel at the chapel.

"Are you ready?" I heard a voice, which belonged to Pink Pearl asked.

"...Yeah. I am." I answer confidently.

I turned my head to see Spinel walking towards me. She had a smirk on her face, her usual twin tails replaced by her hair open and free. Her casual tear-eye mascara was replaced by two black hearts on her cheeks. She had on a simple dress that touched the floor. It was a silvery-white and half sleeved. In her hands was a bouquet of pink roses. Her white flats clicked against the ground as she stepped towards me.

"Shall we begin?" Pink opened a book and stepped on a pedestal.

"Yes."
"Hell yeah!"

The few guests quieted down in their chatter to silence, and the music slightly faded a bit so they could hear us.

"Do you, Spinel Gem, take Y/N L/N, to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?"

"HELL YES I DO!"

"And do you, Y/N L/N, take Spinel Gem, to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?"

"I-"

"WAIT A MINUTE!" shouted Blue Diamond. She rushed in with Yellow and White Diamond. Gasps echoed across the room as they panted.
"Spinel, starlight, please rethink this, do you really want to...marry her?" White Diamond gazed pleadingly at Spinel.
"None of us approve! Do you see her? She's unworthy of your love! She'll leave you! We only want the best for y-"

"Shut the fuck up." Spinel slowly cocked her head to the side and glared at the three figures.

"Y/N L/N makes me happier than anyone. DO YOU SEE THIS GIRL?? SHE'S BEEN WITH ME ALL THIS TIME! SHE HASN'T LEFT MY SIDE ONCE! I HOPE YA'LL KNOW WHAT THIS WOMAN HAS BEEN THROUGH FOR ME! JUST ME! WHEN I WAS A FUCKING ASSHOLE TO HER! IF ANYTHING, GOD IS A WOMAN AND IT'S THAT GIRL,
Y/N L/N!"

Spinel panted, sweating. The tension was thiccer than a snicker. Finally, they spoke.

"Starlight..."
"Spinel, darling..."
"..."
The three of them sighed in unison.

"Fine...if that...thing can make you happy..." Yellow Diamond crossed her arms. "I guess...I'll just have to accept it."

"We definitely support your relationship! You two are adorable!" Blue Diamond gushed. White Diamond simply nodded in agreement, and the three of them took a seat in the third bench, behind Lars and Sadie. Everyone has their jaws wide open, until a cough was heard and the room calmed down.

"Now that that's over, let's restart." Pink sighed and turned to me. Spinel shushed her and looked at me, smirking.

"Do ya wanna be with me forever?" She gripped my hand and her eyebrows curved, making her expression a sad smile.

"I do!" I beamed with excitement.

Spinel chuckled and I smiled widely, then lifted the veil off Spinel's head, and-

She wrapped her arms around me before I could react and dipped me, smashing her luscious lips on mine, labeling herself as the dominant one. She let go of me and I stared, unable to take my eyes off her gorgeous figure.

I didn't care if anyone disapproved.

I married the girl I loved.