Chapter 39 ~ "The World Turned Upside Down."

I woke up, yawning groggily as my eyes adjusted to the world around me. I turn to meet the sleeping body of my girlfriend, only to find an empty bed and a yellow sticky note. I pick up the note and read it, rubbing my left eye.

'𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘭𝘭, 𝘪 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺, 𝘨𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦.

𝘰𝘩, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨.

- 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘺'

"What?? What the hell?? Ugh..." I slid off the bed and headed towards the bathroom. After brushing my teeth, washing my face, and combing my tangled hair, I pulled on a short, navy-colored spaghetti strapped dress. I also wore some white sneakers, since I knew heels would be difficult to walk in.

I twisted the keys inside my door and headed outside, towards my car. I got into the vehicle and started the engine.

"The first place to go is that run down nightclub." I said, smirking.
It closed down when Spinel and I were in our third year of high school. We didn't acknowledge it that much and went on with our lives.
I sighed as I pulled up in front of the building. It was dusty and abandoned. Rats scurried around. There was a box though, it was magenta. On top of it, was a note. I stepped over and picked up the note.

'𝘩𝘦𝘺, 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘫𝘰𝘣 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴. 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦? 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦! 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨! 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘹 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦.

- 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘺'

'A present, huh?' I happily lifted the lids of the box and found a cute hair clip.

The clip had a spinel gem on it. How coincidental.
Before I put the clip in my hair, I realized that it had a note on the back.

'𝘨𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴.'

I attempted to remember where we connected lips for the first time.
'A closet.'
I try not to burst out laughing. It was so bizarre.

Even so, I strapped back into my car and drove to the high school. We were graduating later on today, so I had moved most of my things out earlier. I parked my car and walked over to the light-pink tinted building.

I'd have to say goodbye to it soon enough. It'd just become a distant memory. Despite all the stress I've found here, it was still a place where I'd met friends who'd be with me towards the very end. Of course, I'd enjoy going off to college with Spinel and my friends still by my side.