Chapter 31 ~ Amusement Park

((ok so wattpad decided to be an ass and delete my draft after I published it, sorry for the confusion and unfinished chapter))

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Hey."

...I sighed in annoyance.

"Dear, I'm trying to read. Can you please stop bugging me?"

"Shut up, shortcake. Steven's—....my mom invited us to an amusement park."

"Oh, nice."

...

"You don't need to ask me if you want to go—"
"—Idiot, I'm asking you to come with us."
"..."
"No—"

...

I felt myself being lifted over her shoulder.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"SHUDDUP!"

♡♡♡

end of flashback...

And that's how I ended up here. In front of a colorful landscape with wooden floorboards. Spinel, Pink, Rose Quartz, Steven, Amethyst, Garnet, Pearl, and me all stood outside a red and white striped tent. It wasn't too big, but the size of a lemonade stand by a 10-year old.

Behind the tent, roller coasters, food stands, and a variety of rides lay. The park was placed on a beach. There was a navy Ferris wheel in the back that caught my attention. You could see the ocean and the whole park from up there.

Perfectly cliché for a couple.

Rose Quartz was talking to man inside the tent. He had a long, brown beard and brown eyes. He wore a plain button-up shirt and jean shorts with sandals. His name tag read, "Greg".

"So like, you're my stepdad...?" A familiar voice was heard.

"Uh yeah...basically."

I quietly giggled behind Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl. And Steven. I forgot he existed.

"Mmkay.." Spinel said sarcastically. "ey shortcake, let's go." she interlaced her fingers with mine, then jogged to catch up with the remaining four ahead of us.

We looked around for awhile, until eventually we all split up from the group. Pearl and I wanted to get cotton candy, Amethyst, Spinel, and Rose Quartz wanted to go on rollercoasters and win prizes, and Garnet and Steven wanted to "vibe to MCR" in the corner.

Pearl and I just wanted to have a calm and relaxing time.
But we didn't get one.

"So, what would you like to do?" She asks.
"Uh...nothing much. I didn't wanna come honestly."
"Oh? So then why are you here?"
"Uh...you know how Spinel can be. Let's just say...she wasn't gentle..."
"First of all...by not being gentle....y-you mean..." Pearl's pale skin had red tint over it.

"OH HEY PEARL! WHATCHA DOING??" A voice asked. I turned around to find none another than Spinel and Amethyst waving at us.

"Hello dear, did you have fun on the roller coasters?" Pearl asked as Spinel dragged me away.

♡♡♡
"Heyyyy, what are you doing?" I asked, pouting.
"I wanted to spend time with you today, dumbass." Spinel replied, looking annoyed. "Amethyst is cool and all...but you're my best friend."
"Awww! Spinnyyy!" I embrace her in a tight hug as we stand in line for ice cream. Pearl and Amethyst were long gone, they headed in the the opposite direction, towards a restaurant. Some kind of "how-strong-is-your-relationship" contest was being held there by some freshmen from a different school.

"Hey, you've got some ice cream right there." Spinel gestured around her chin.

"Here?"

"No, there. To your right."

"Did I get it yet?"

"Wait, no, no, MY right."

"Wouldn't that be my left?"

"Yeah, wait, is it?"

"I dunno, but did I get it yet?"

"Nooo....ugh, let me get it."

Spinel leaned in and kissed me.

"You sneaky slut." I say after she stops holding my lips hostage. We both get up from the bench we sat at and walked through the crowd towards the arcade.
"What can I say, you're so kissable." She smirks.
"Shut up, we're in public..." I shush her after getting weird looks from children and parents around me.
"Yeah? And? Who cares??"
"I'm not going to the arcade with you." I threatened.
"..." Spinel looked as if she was about to burst into tears, her nose scrunched up, eyes watering, mouth quivering, palms sweaty, knees weak, arms heavy, mom's spaghett—

"F-fine, I'm sorry.................Y-Y/N?"
"Yeah?"
"Will you play with me?" Spinel asked, blushing a little.
"Of course I will!" I pecked her cheek.
"Yay!" She enveloped me in a hug as we headed inside the building.

♡♡♡
The arcade had black carpeting, along with the ceiling that was lit up by blue neon lights, and the room seemed to be only lit with neon lights of every color on the rainbow. The scent of popcorn and hot cheetos filled the air as kids' laughter echoed in the large building. The young couple stood at the entrance, scanning the view.

"Well, this is going to be hard." I say while gawking at the....everything. ((hi i'm jared i'm 19 and i never fuckin' learned how to read—))
"Where should we start?" Spinel asks.
"If I knew the answer to that would I be standing here?"
"ᶠⁱⁿᵉ ˢᵃˡᵗʸ ᵃˢˢ ʰᵒᵉ I'll choose then." The pinkette tilted her head, then grabbed my hand and rushed me towards a crane game.
"What'd you say?"
"Doesn't matter, look!" Spinel pointed to a plush of a tiny redhead. The doll looked like an angry Dora, with bright crimson skin and an angry expression+pose.

"Ah crap, why'd you have to choose this game?" I groaned while she begged for a quarter.
"Because!" I checked my purse as she said this.
"Because...because you wanna get me something?" I ask excitedly, momentarily stopping from searching my bag.
"What?? No, of course not. I wanna get something for myself, go get your own stuffed toys." Spinel waves me off as I hand her ten quarters.

....

After ten tries, Spinel pleaded for more coins.

Me, being the complete idiot, gave them to her.

She still couldn't get even close to it after thirty tries.

...
"Spinel, can I try?"
"Ugh...fine." Spinel grumbled as she stepped out of the way of the coin slot.
"Yay." I head over and insert twenty-five cents. I move the claw a bit, wondering which one to get. After a few seconds of deciding, I laid my eyes on a blue stuffed doll. It had teal bangs covering its eyes, along with blue skin, and a navy blue gown with white gloves to top it off. It had a more stoic expression+pose.
Though, the good part was that the toy was attached to the same doll Spinel wanted.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Shortcake, this is why I love you." Spinel couldn't take her eyes off the doll as we sat on the edge of the port. I watched the sunset, leaning my head on her shoulder.

"LOVE YOU TOO, SILLY."