Chapter 8 ~ I'm Sorry (Part 2)

Pink sounds immensely angry. But why? I didn't think she even figured out we were gone. Spinel suddenly snatched the phone from me and hung up.
"What did you-" I begin to ask.
"Shhh..." Spinel shushes me, her finger on my lip. She takes my hand and pulls me in. We start dancing, and she grabs my hips and pulls me towards her chest. After a few minutes, I push her away. I can smell alcohol on her. And judging by her voice, it makes sense.
She's probably drunk. I drag her towards the car, but just as I'm about to push her in, she punched my neck.

Ow!" I yelp. It didn't hurt that much, but I could see a bruise in the mirror.

I finally get her in the car and buckle her seatbelt. I strap myself in and pull out of the parking lot. It was a relaxing drive, Spinel passed out and there weren't any drivers on the road.

I pull up into the parking lot of Homeworld High and pull Spinel out of the car. I put her arm over my shoulder, and we get inside the building. She's half-asleep, and her legs were wobbling. We stop at my dorm, and as I am about to open the door, Pink bursts in. She snatches Spinel from my hands and puts her in bed. Pink doesn't notice——she put Spinel in my bed. I sigh and scratch my head. Pearl lectures me quietly and then hugs me.

"I'm sorry, I was just...worried something bad would happen." Pink lets go of her grasp on me. "Spinel and I have never been away from eachother. We always kept in touch." She pauses. "Spinel has never took interest in a stranger before, so this is new to me." Pink looks me in the eye.

"Promise you won't let her go?"