Chapter 33 ~ Camping

((I just wanna say, my pe teacher is the kindest lady ever, thanks for coming to my ted talk, now let's move on to the scheduled program))

The group came along after awhile of it being just Spinel and I. Pink Pearl had brought two other girls, who were apparently cousins of Spinel. Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Steven all brought three freshmen.

First, was Lapis Lazuli. A skinny girl with tanned skin. Her hair was dark blue, and her personality was equivalent to a rotten apple. She brought a duffel bag and a skateboard, which I thought was pretty useless considering the fact we were on sand and dirt. I never mentioned that, of course. It was wrong of me to judge her on the first impression, plus her attitude could be comedic as at times.

Next was a small and frail girl, who was named Periodt. She had odd, triangular hair that made me think of her as a blonde dorito. She had a chocolate complexion along with her ramen colored hair. She also had a strong obsession with electronics, and was extremely intelligent for a fourteen-year-old. She shook my hand with a metallic(??) arm when we met. In fact, her arms and legs were made out of metal. A different girl with hair of every color on the rainbow had to remind me several times that they were not real and that Periodt just found them more efficient than her stubbly body.

Speaking of that female, the final one was Bismuth. Bismuth was...buff, to say the least. She could probably throw me across America. But she wouldn't, when I met her I realized she had a big heart for her friends and was extremely nice. I had never met someone so wholesome. She immediately hugged me when she met me, which was more than enough to make Spinel jealous. I heard her let out a soft "tch" while Bismuth was hugging me.

Eventually, each gem had separated into their respected parts of the beach. They set up tents.

The beach that the Gems owned had a forest. It was thick, and the trees were too tall for anyone to see the sky. It honestly made me nervous, but I wanted to set up a tent and go camping with Spinel more than anything after hearing her story about it.

"Shortcake, I'm back. Is that a new perfume? Now I need to call you strawberry shortcake..." Spinel remarked, heading through the thick trees and into our campsite.
"My perfume bottle got lost in the sea after I accidentally dropped it!" I pouted, stitching up a tent that ripped.
"Aww, hey it's okay, I'll buy ya more when we get back to the city." Spinel smiles gently and patted my back.
"Fine..." I grumbled, then pecked her cheek as she giggled. I walked back into my tent and packed my sewing supplies into my bag.

...
"So, what should we do?" I asked after walking back outside to her.

"I dunno." Spinel shrugged.

"How about...we explore the forest!" I suggest, looking up at her with puppy-dog eyes. Pleading her to take me exploring in the thicket.

"I'm not sure shortcake, it's pretty dangerous...you'd probably be afraid of the forest, and I don't want us to get lost together...ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ⁱᶠ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵉ ⁿⁱᶜᵉ..." She mumbled the last part.

"Pretty please??"

...

"....Fine..." Spinel sighed, then pulled out a long ribbon. She wrapped it around a thin tree, then sliced it with a pocketknife so there would be a marking.
"We'll use this," She gestured towards the crimson lace. "to mark where we've been."
"Okay! Let's go!" I happily pull her hand outside the entrance of our camp, which was in front of the forest. We head inside and begin walking. The trees were skinny and tall, making everything seem slightly creepy. They didn't let much light inside the woods, there were little patches of sunlight that scattered around, kind of like checkpoints. You could go to one light spot, but be careful, since you couldn't see the ground much. It was visible, but just barely, unless you were stepping in one of the patches of brightness.

"Hey Spinel, these trees remind me of you." I said. "Tall, intimating, and creepy."

Spinel growled. "You're really bein' a pain today, ya know that?"

((since I never added some "pAsSiOnate" spinel action here's a tiny bit.))

"Yeah, I know." I replied, then grabbing her hips, and pulling myself towards her lips.

The taste of bubblegum filled my senses as she pulled me closer, roughly pulling my hair a bit as we toppled on the grass. I shoved her towards an oak tree, our lips still connected. She wraps her arms around me in an embrace and begins shoving her thigh in between my legs. I remove myself from her face for a split second to breathe, then shoved my mouth right back at her for a second round.

After repeating this cycle for about two minutes, I gently pulled away and reminded her that we can do "the thing" when we get back to camp. She reluctantly agreed, then grunted as she interlocked her gloved fingers with mine and we kept walking.

♡♡♡

Hours passed as we hiked through the shady forest. A few times, Spinel had to hold me because I'd jump at the tiniest of sounds.
"I'm sorry..." I mumbled as I clung onto her arm.
Spinel sighed, her magenta twin-tails tilting to the side as she turned her head and looked down at my quivering figure. 'Why did I want to do this again??' I thought.

"Why did you want to do this again??" Spinel asked as if she read my mind.
"Ehehe...I don't know." I nervously smiled at the ground.
"Well, whatever it was, it was a dumb reason."

"What if..." I whispered, and earned a 'hmm, whaddya say?' from Spinel. "What if I just wanted to spend time with you?? What if that was the reason??" I smirked at her as she looked away.
"Well then, shortcake, it's a dumb and sweet reason. Like you.." Spinel said, then chuckled lightly at my giggling form.
"That's mean!" I pouted as she began snickering and stroking my hair.

A rustling in the trees interrupted our little conversation. Currently, it was evening. A bit too late to be walking around. Spinel had been placing red ribbons everywhere, and they reminded me of Madoka's ribbons. I worriedly grabbed Spinel's wrist and began tugging, ushering her to run. She softly stroked my head and told me it was fine.

I suddenly hear a scream, and I shriek. Then laughter. Oh, it was just Periodt and Amethyst playing a prank on us.

"GOTCHA!" Amethyst yelled, then snickered.
"You should've seen the looks on your clod faces!" Periodt laughed.

I was about to yell at them until a voice appeared.

"Not cool, Peri." It was Lapis.
"Come on Lazuli, that was hilarious." Periodt said, standing up from behind the dark bushes.
"No, it wasn't. It was just dumb and pointless." Lapis replied with a straight face as usual. "Anyway I came to come get you because dinner's ready."
"Food?! LET'S GO!" Amethyst rushed past Lapis, Periodt not far behind.

Spinel and I just stood there awkwardly.

"You two, don't take too long making out or your food will get cold. Seeya." Lapis waved, then began walking back.

"Well, that was stupid." Spinel chuckled.
"Yeah, but we do stupid stuff all the time. It's fine." I smiled, then buried my head into her neck. "Wait, I'll be right back." I said, then grabbed her pocketknife and walked to one of the trees.

I carved a heart, then in the middle of the heart, I carved out my initials. I put a "+" sign under the initials "Y/N L/N" and then carved "SPINEL GEM".
I heard Spinel quietly laugh at it, then hugged me from behind. She kissed my neck and whispered.

"That was pretty cliché. But...it's not like I mind. Wanna continue making out?"

I giggled. "We're a pretty cliché couple, don't you think??"

"And yes, of course I wanna continue kissing you~." I softly answered.

((I'm sorry for the constant crappy filler, I can't think of anything else to fill in the time gap between graduating high school and the events happening after.))