Chapter 9 ~ "I Have Questions" (Swear Warning)

(Play the song if you want some better quality :P)

"I..." I don't even know Spinel that well, it's only been a week. What if I have to urgently leave this school? I can't promise.

"I'll try." I reply.
".........That's all I ask for." Pink says deeply. "That's what I like about you. You're always honest. I know you can do it." Pink smiles, and mentions. "Oh, and a side note, Spinel likes (inSerT yOur gEnDer)." She shifts her eyebrows up and down with a smirk and walks off, closing the door.

I sigh and quickly stop right before sitting on Spinel. I walk over to her bed and get in. I close my eyes, and all I can think about is her sleeping face. So unusually calm...

The Next Morning

I wake up and look at Spinel. She's still asleep. Last night was a blur.

I walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth. After I finish taking a quick shower, I put on some leggings and a sweat-shirt. I glance at Spinel and shake her a little. She wakes up.

"A-ah!......Oh, it's just you, shortie." Spinel sighs in relief. "....Hey, what's on your-"
"Sorry, I'm late!" I say as an excuse and dash out the door. She'd probably think I was lying if I told her why I had a bruise on my neck. Before I go, I grab a scarf and close the door.

In our second class, Spinel comes up to me.
"Hey, what's that on your neck?" Spinel asks.
"Um sorry, need to go." I raise my hand to use the restroom.

At the end of another class.
"Yo, shortie, who gave you that bruise on your-"
"Um..sorry, class is over."

Skip to Lunch

I see Spinel walking my way. I see it as a sign of her wanting to ask me the question and begin walking to the cafeteria when I feel a grab on my shoulder. Suddenly, Spinel is dragging me towards an empty closet.

"Pink, go on without me. I wanna chat with our little friend here." Spinel says in a menacing tone. Pink walks off with a worried glance. "Now...no more excuses. You're gonna tell me who put that bruise on your neck, or I'm gonna bash you till' you're a pulp." Spinel threatens.

"I..um...w-well....the truth is, Spinel....that you..." I suddenly think about the consequences. What if she didn't believe me? What if she hit me again? Apparently, Spinel can tell I'm overthinking, because she gently knocks my head and says,

"Hey, shortie, you can tell me what happened. I honestly can't remember any shit that happened last night. Everything's a mess. The last thing I can think of is you bringing me a drink and us talking. I think I know where it went," She glanced at my bruise. "I can't handle my liquor well, unfortunately. So, I wanna know, what happened?"

"Well...I can't remember much either, but I can vaguely recall us dancing and then you punching my neck. Then I remember coming back here and Pink saying something to me..." I fade off at the end. What did Pink say?

I glance at Spinel's face, and she's in shock. I'm quickly put my hands up thinking she's about to hit me, but she wraps her arms around me. She tightly hugs me and strokes my head. "I'm sorry, shortie...please don't leave me....I promise I can do better.."

Where is this coming from...? Spinel's been odd recently. "Hey, it's okay! It only hurt for a few minutes, but the pain disappeared right after!" I reply comfortingly. She lets go of me and looks at me. Spinel grabs my hips and pulls me in, kissing me.

"I tasted your cherry chapstick..." Spinel mutters, blushing immensely.
She opens the closet door and bolts away.

I just got kissed by Spinel. I kissed a girl....

and I liked it.♡