Chapter 59

The rest of the day went by fast and the sun had started to set. I decided to go and check on Isaac, so I told Daryl I would meet him back at the tent a little later.

As I walked over to the back of the barn to the shed, I looked out to the field. It seemed so peaceful. It was almost like there was no such thing as dead freaks walking around.

The door to the shed was unlocked and cracked open, so I silently peaked inside. I heard movement and whimpered from inside and pushed the door open to were I could see without being seen.

It was Shane. He had untied the rope from around Randal's wrists and put on handcuffs. Shane tossed the rope aside and pulled out his knife from his pocket and walk towards Isaac. He aimed his knife for Isaac's chest.

"Stop!" I screamed. Shit! Shane turned and pointed his gun towards me. I put my arms up to show I wasn't a threat.

"Shane, you don't have to do this." I spoke. Isaac and Randal, who were both blindfolded, started looking around frantically for whoever was talking.

"What the hell are you doing her? Damn it Sarah!" Shane growled at me, still aiming his gun.

"Come on Shane. Just put down the gun." I whispered. I knew that the angrier Shane was, the worse things would become.

"Dammit!" Shane yelled. Shane reached for the rope that had been used on Randal. Before I knew it, Shane wrapped the rope around my neck.

He pulled back on the rope, cutting off all air.  I couldn't breathe, I struggled to find air. I reached back to claw at Shane, but he only pulled harder. I heard muffled screaming from Isaac, but my vision became blurry.

I pulled on the rope as hard as I could. I tried to wedge my fingers in between it and my neck.

"Shane!" I croaked. I couldn't breathe and I kicked as hard as I could, but my limbs felt limp like jello.

Darkness started to swarm around me like bees and I felt myself slipping into it. I tried to do anything to get air, but it was to late. Darkness found me.