Chapter 4

After dinner, Jenner lead us from the kitchen to where we were going to sleep. I was carrying my bag around my shoulder, feeling it starting to get a little heavy.

"There are only a few rooms so you guys are going to have to double up. There is a rec room down the hall a little ways I think you kids might enjoy," Jenner pointed to Carl and Sophia. "Just don't plug anything in alright. If you guys plan on taking showers, go easy on the hot water." Jenner said, walking back towards the kitchen.

"Hot water?" Glenn had a big smile on his face. Everyone started to find which rooms they wanted. I walked further down the hall and found an empty room. There were two beds so I laid my things on the one closest to the door. I started unpacking only what I needed to take a shower and to change my clothes.

I heard the door open and saw Daryl standing in the doorway. "There are no more rooms so I guess your stuck with me." he said sheepishly.

"Come on in. I'm just gonna take a shower." I said. Daryl walked in and laid his crossbow and bag onto the bed. I walked towards the bathroom and locked the door.

I undressed and stepped into the hot water. It has been weeks since I had taken an actual shower with warm water. I cleaned off all of the dirt, sweat and walker blood from my body. I stood under the shower nozzle for a while, loving the feeling of the warm water on my skin.

I stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel and covered myself. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror and I saw someone completely different. I had dark bags under my eyes and I become very skinny. I looked like a ghost.

There was something missing though. Some part of me was gone.

My sister.

I pushed back the memories of her and the pain I felt when I lost her.

Before I started to cry I heard a bang on the door. "You almost done in there?" Daryl asked.

"Give me a minute." I relied. I grabbed my clean clothes and started to get dressed. I put on my sweatpants and a white tank top. I pulled out my comb and combed my long brown hair.I looked in the mirror one more time and opened the door.

Daryl was sitting on his bed with a half empty bottle of wine in his hand. "I'm done." I said and walked over to my bed. I put all of my unclean clothes back into my bag along with the rest of my stuff. I sat down on the edge of the bed facing Daryl. He looked at me and stared for a minute. I stared back into his blue eyes. There was something in his eyes that caught my eye. Some emotion but I couldn't figure it out.

We held each other's gaze and Daryl smiled and got up from the bed. "Your something" he said to me in his little county accent before heading to the bathroom.

I let myself fall backwards onto the bed. I was smiling from ear to ear and blushing? I put my hands over my mouth and cheeks. My cheeks felt a little warm from blushing. What? Did Daryl make me blush? Did he see me blushing? All of these things ran through my head and I heard some chatter coming from the hallway.

I decided to go and check out the rec room that Jenner was talking about earlier. I peeked my head out of the door into the hallway and saw T-Dog talking to Glenn and Dale.

I started walking down the hall when I heard something coming from Andrea's room. I knocked on the door before I entered and heard the sound of vomiting. I ran into the bathroom and saw Andrea sitting on the floor of the bathroom crying and vomiting.

"Are you ok?" I said, sitting down on the floor next to her. Before she could say anything she leaned back towards the toilet and started to throw up. I quickly grabbed her hair, clearing it from her face and held it for her.