Chapter 5

Sarah's POV

The sound of light snoring woke me up. I slowly opened my eyes, feeling something wrapped around me. I looked over and saw Daryl asleep next to me, his arm around my waist. I turned so that I faced him, watching his chest rise and fall. There was something about him that I couldn't figure out. Something he made me feel.

I slowly slipped from his under his arm, trying not to wake him.

I stood up from the bed and grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom. I changed my clothes and combed my hair, putting it up in a ponytail.

I looked at myself in the mirror, seeing a smile on my face. For the first time in a while, I was genuinely happy.

How could something like Daryl want to be with someone like me? I am not special, I am not beautiful? I am ugly! I don't deserve to be with him after what happened with Grace! Its all my fault!

These horrid thoughts ran through my head and I put my head in my hands. I looked back at myself in the mirror and spit at the reflection of myself. I opened the door and walked out into the bedroom to see Daryl still asleep.

He was drunk, that's why he kissed you, I kept telling myself as I heading to the door and into the hallway.

I heard some talking coming from the kitchen, guessing that a few of the others were awake. I walked into the kitchen and sat down next to Andrea and Dale near the furthest end of the table. T-Dog was making powered eggs and Glenn was sitting at the head of the table, holding his head in his hands, getting over his hangover from last night.

"How do you like your eggs Sarah?" T-Dog asked me. "Scrambled I guess." I said to him, taking a sip of the fruit punch that Andrea had pored for me.

Rick walked out from the hallway along with Lori and Carl. One by one everyone came out into the kitchen and sitting down at the table and T-Dog taking orders on how to cook everyones eggs.

T-Dog handed me my eggs that were slightly overcooked and I thanked him. I slowly ate my eggs, savoring each bite. Daryl walked out and sat down at the very end of the table and stared at me for a while. I was playing with the rest of the eggs with my fork, amusing myself as everyone talked.

There was silence for a moment and I looked up to see everyone staring at Shane who walked into the room with scratches on his neck. He seemed to be in a foul mood, sitting down at the table and making loud noises as he did it.

Rick was the first to ask about the scratches. "What happened to your neck?" he asked.

"Oh, I must have done it in my sleep." Shane replied, poking at the plate of eggs in front of him with a fork.

"In all the time I've known you, I have never seen you do it before." Rick said back. Lori had a weird look on her face, staring down at the table. There must have been something going on between Shane and Lori.

I excused myself from the table and went back to the room. I laid down on the bed and felt my eyes becoming heavy. I closed them for a while, lying on the bed. After a while I heard some loud talking coming from the hall.

I got up and walked towards the kitchen to find that no one was there. I walked into the giant computer room, to Jenner describing the process of someone turning into a waker. I walked over to stand next to Dale, who had a sad look on his face.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"Jenner's wife was bit and willing let herself turn into a walker so Jenner could use it to find a cure. He had to shoot her when she turned." was all he said back to me. His eyes never left the giant screen in the front of the room. I took Dale's hand, seeing that he was sad.

I tried listening to Jenner and Rick talk, but Jenner was using big words that I didn't really understand. The lights in the room started to dim and the A.C. had stopped working.

"If you don't mind me asking, that clock has been ticking down since we got here. What happens what it hits zero?" Dale asked, pointing to the giant clock on the wall.

"The generators in the basement will run out of fuel." Jenner said, sitting down at the only computer that was working.

"What will happen when the fuel runs out?" I asked.

"The generators will shut down." Jenner replied. "What happened when they shut down?" Rick started walking up to Jenner until he was almost in his face.

"Vi, explain what will happen when the generators shut down." Jenner said.

I slid down onto the floor as the mechanical voice explained that to prevent strains of all types of horrible diseases from getting loose, HIT's would deploy and set the air on fire. It would destroy the the whole building and everything and everyone inside.

Jenner had locked us inside the room with no way out.

"It's less then a second, no pain, no suffering." he said as Daryl and Shane tired to break down the metal door that held us captive.

Lori and Carol held onto their children as they cried, pleading for their lives. This isn't how I thought I would die. I looked over to Andrea, who was sitting in a chair. I didn't hear the rest of the conversations going on. I could only think about what it would be like to see my sister again, to hold her. I knew Andrea was thinking the same thing as I, except I wanted to live.

Suddenly the doors to the room opened, with five minutes left on the clock. Jenner was going to stay along with Jacqui while everyone went to go and grab their things. I got up and turned to Andrea, who was still sitting in her seat. I couldn't leave her here to die. I ran over to her and grabbed her hand.

"I'm staying, I want to be with Amy." she said to me with a tiny smile on her face.

"Amy would want you to live, for her. Is this really what you want? You are my only friend...you can't leave me, please." I begged her, holding onto her hands.

She shook her head and lowered it so that she was staring down. "Fine." I said and sat down next to her. "What are you doing," she said, looking at me with a sour face.

"I'm not going to let you die alone. You can't come into my life just to leave it." I said.

Before she could reply, Daryl came running into the room. "Come on lets go!" he screamed.

I turned to Andrea and stood up, reaching my hand down to her. She took it with a mean face and we ran towards Daryl. He had grabbed my bag and reached out a hand to me and I took it. We had a little over a minute to get out. We saw that the glass window was broken and everyone had gotten to the cars safely. We hoped out the windows and ran to the cars. From the cars we could hear everyone yelling at us to hurry.

I held onto Daryl's hand until I felt myself fall and a sharp pain in my ankle. I had gotten my ankle caught between some of the dead bodies of walkers and twisted it badly.

I looked up and saw Daryl telling Andrea to get to the cars and he ran back to help me. He helped pick me up, putting my arm around his shoulder and his arm over my waist. We were feet from the cars before I saw everyone in the cars ducking their head and I knew we had run out of time.

I pulled myself from Daryl and as he let go to turn back to me, I pushed him backwards, causing him to trip and fall over a sandbag wall and landing behind it. Before I could get there, I felt an intense heat from behind me and felt my back burning. The explosion from behind me was so powerful that it pushed me forwards, knocking me into the hard wall of sandbags. I felt my eyelids become heavy and closed them, falling into complete darkness.

A cliffhanger! Hope you guy's enjoyed this chapter. I haven't gotten any comments so far! I am going to try and update daily, but school is close to starting and I will have a lot going on so I will try my best.

Keep reading!!! And don't forget to COMMENT, LIKE, and VOTE!!!!