Chapter 37

The walkers bit down into her flesh, pulling Grace away from me. I held onto her hand, hearing her screaming for help, crying out for me.

"Sarah!!" she screamed, the walkers biting her, tearing her apart.

"No!!" I cried, her hand being ripped from mine. As she was being pulled away, her cries dulled. The world seemed to spin around me. Instead of being in the dark woods, I was now at the CDC.

The stench of rotting flesh and smoke filled the air. I looked around, hearing so many voices screaming my name. My sister, my mother, Daryl and everyone else.

I then felt my whole body feel like I was burning. I looked at my arms and saw I was on fire, I did everything I could to set it out, but nothing. I felt every part of me burning, and burning and burning.

I closed my eyes, and opened them to find myself in a small room. There was only one little window, shining in light from outside. I realized that I wasn't on fire anymore, but my hands were tied behind my back. I know where I am...

The door swung open open and the man entered, a evil smile on his face. I tried to get away, thrashing my legs but to no avail. He pulled me into him and whispered into my ear...

"Let's have some fun!" his voice echoed in my ears.

"No, no, no..."

I tried to get away, pushing him as hard as I could. "Wake up! Sarah, wake up! a deep southern drawl filled my ears. I opened my eyes, seeing a familiar face.

"Daryl..." I cried out. His hands rested on my arms, tears filling my eyes. I tried to speak, but only a sob came flooding out. Daryl pulled me into his chest.

"What was it?" he asked, his hand rubbing my back.

"Everything...my sister, the CDC, the man. Everything." I said, repeating the last word over and over. I cried into his chest, Daryl pulling me closer into him.

He rocked me back and forth as we sat on the floor. I was afraid to talk, to cry or to even breathe, afraid that I somehow might slip back into darkness.

"Its ok, its ok." Daryl repeated.

After a while I had finally stopped crying and Daryl just held me. The familiar smell and feel of Daryl made me forget of all my problems and my horrible nightmare.

I looked up at Daryl and met his crystal blue eyes. I pulled back a little, Daryl's hand slipping into the curve of my back.

"I'm sorry," I murmured, looking down.

"Nothin' to be sorry for." he replied, wiping away a single tear that had fallen. I scooted back into my sleeping bag, adjusting my legs to my side. Daryl bit down on his thumbnail nervously, making me smile.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing." I said. Daryl started to get up but I grabbed his hand. He turned and faced me, question filled his eyes.

"Please, stay." I begged. He nodded and laid down beside me. My head rested on his chest, feeling as it rose and fell. Something about it made me forget everything, the whole world.

He ran his fingers threw my hair as I rested my hand on his chest, twirling a button on his shirt. We lie there, completely unaware of the horrors of the world, as if there was only us. I had missed this feeling, but I knew it wouldn't last.

Daryl slowly sat up, trying his best to not move me. He made his way to the tent door and I sat up, not wanting him to go.

Before he left, I grabbed his wrist. He turned back to me, and I did the only thing I though of, something I had wanted to do for quite some time.

I brought my lips to his, butterflies filling my stomach. He was caught of guard, but quickly realized what happened. He kissed me back, sending the butterflies running for the hills.

Daryl lowered me onto my back, still kissing me, our lips never parting. He leaned over me, pressing himself against me. I felt his cold hands against my skin of my back, slipping their way under my shirt. I grabbed my shirt and pulled it over my head.

Daryl pulled his lips away, a questioning look on his face. "Ya sure?" he asked. I just nodded and Daryl brought his lips back to mine.

There, I had one of the best nights of my life, with the love of my life.

Yes, this was it. Not a big deal right? So, you all like the Sarah and Daryl story so far? Please, COMMENT! I want to hear from you guys!