Chapter 19

I stood in the middle of a dark field, all alone. I looked around for Daryl or anyone but I was alone. I heard some noise behind me and I turned and saw a figure.

I walked forward, not knowing who it was. The moonlight shone into the figures face and revealed a familiar face. It was my sister, Grace. I felt myself call out her name and run up to her. When I got to her she was gone and I was standing back at the CDC.

I felt my back burning and I was on fire. I screamed and screamed for anyone for help. I tried to get the fire out but nothing was helping and I fell to the floor burning.

I sat up from where I was laying and started panting heavily. I reached to my back, afraid that I was on fire. Once I realized that I was only dreaming I tried to catch my breathe. I could feel some sweat come from my forehead and hands.

Daryl woke up and turned onto his back trying to get his eyes to open. "You ok?" he asked with worry in his voice.

"Yeah..." I said, putting my hands on my face. I laid back down and stared at the ceiling of the tent.

"just a nightmare." I said.

I brought my hand out from under me and it was still shaking from the nightmare. Daryl reached over and took my shaking hand in his and kissed it. I sighed a sigh of relief that it was only a dream though it seemed so real.

"You want to talk bout it?" he asked, squeezing my hand in his. We intertwined our fingers together and I was still thinking about my dream.

I rolled onto my other side to where I wasn't facing him. Daryl reached his hand over me and moved a stray piece of hair from my face. "What?" he asked, taking interest in what I had to say.

"It was horrible. First I was in a field all alone and then I saw my sister Grace. When I ran to hug her she disappeared and then I was back at the CDC. I felt my back burning and there was nothing I could do to stop it..." I realized I was talking really fast and that I probably sounded crazy. I looked up at Daryl who was leaning on his elbow. He had a guilty look on his face. He laid back down onto his back and I heard him sigh.

I sat up and felt bad that I brought up all those painful memories that we both had suffered. "I'm sorry. Shouldn't have said nothing." I said.

"No, it ain't you. It's just that...you shouldn't have gotten hurt that day." he said. I could see in his eyes that he was angry at himself for me risking my life for him.

"I would do it again if it meant keeping you safe." I said. A tiny smirk came upon Daryl's face as he fiddled with something in his hand. I took his hand and opened it. It was a wood carving of a arrowhead with a string in the and of it. It was small but it was still pretty enough.

"I made this when you still hadn't woken up from the CDC thing." he said, holding the arrowhead in his hand. Daryl sat up and put it over my head. It fell into my neck like it was meant to be.

"Its beautiful. You made it?" I said, staring down at it. The chain of string was long enough that I could look at it.

"You like it?" he ask.

"Yes of course! Thank you." I leaned over and wrapped my arms around his neck. He fell back and I brought my lips to his. I felt a smile come onto his lips as we kissed. I pulled back and laid down, fiddling with the necklace.

"The sun will be coming up soon. Better get up." Daryl said, starting to get up.

"Wait, please don't leave me." I begged grabbing him arm.

Daryl laid back down and wrapped his arm around me, lining his body to mine. I laid my arm down upon his and had my hand on my necklace. I fell my eyelids fall and I fell back to sleep.