EIGHT

"Come on, we don't have all day" Kacey mugged me as I put on my sun glassess

"Wait,im coming" I told him

"No, come here now" He demanded and I scoffed still doing what I was doing.

He walked up to me and snatched me up and dragged me to the passenger side of the car. He got on his side and started the car up.

"You do to much" I mumbled

"Listen the first time and I wouldn't have too" He responded turning the radio up.

We mainly sat in silence because I was mad about yesterday and upset that he dragged me to the car. Out of all of them Kacey is the meanest to me and I don't know the reason why.

"Where are we going?" I asked

He ignored me and continued to drive, I sighed as I looked out the window. There mad people outside gambling, smoking, dancing. There were even prostitues outside. "My home" I mumbled

His phone began ringing and he answered it. I grew annyoed because he coud have a full blown conversation and I'm just sitting here bored out my mind.

"Yo Shay, I told you im busy" He talked through the car

"But I wanted to see you"

"I'll see you when Im done with what im doing" He told her

She huffed."Why you always put me second everytime? Your work more important that me?"

"I never said that" He smacked his teeth. "You act like I don't make time for you"

"Whatever Kacey im not gonna argue with you, you know you're in the wrong"

I'm guessing that's his girl.

"I'll make it up to you when I get there, just stop tripping damn" He gripped the steering wheel.

"This girl pissing me off" He mumbed after he hung up.

I felt the car stop and I realized we were at our destination. We pulled up to a house. Kacey and I got out of the car and he knocked on the door.

Some guy opened up the door for the both of us. "This the girl?"

"Yes, that's her" Kacey told him

"Alright, ya'll follow me" He walked up the stairs and we followed.

We went to a room that looked like a makeup room. "Sit,imma have my girl come in here"

"Okay" I mumbled

Five minutes later a light skinned girl came in the room smiling. "Hey i'm Grace"

"JaMiyah" I told her

"Okay so do you want your skin lighter or darker?" She asked me and I grew confused.

"Darker..."

"Alrighty" I seen she grabbed something out of the drawer. "This is a skin pigment gel, it's makes your skin a tad darker permanently" She told me before putting it on my face.

"Kacey imma need you to leave the room please" Grace told him and he left. "I need you to strip, so I can do your whole body"

I slowly took off all of my clothes, It didn't bother me because we both had the same body parts and I got naked for men I didn't know. What's the difference with this?

After she did my whole body, I was naked for about five minutes before I put my clothes back on. "Okay so, if you wanna get darker eat a lot of tomato-based foods"

I nodded my head not understanding why this whole process was getting down.

"Okay so whatchu wanna do with your hair? You want it curled, flat ironed?" She questioned

"Can you do finger waves?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I got you sis" She began to cut my hair.

She cut it until it got to the right amount, I had a lot of hair and it was long, I was tired of maintaining it so this would be the best route for me.

She grabbed the foam and put it on my hair, she grabbed a comb and started doing the finger waves.

"Okay I'm done,now do you want a tattoo or anything? My cousin does them and he's clean"

"Sure, I want one on my wrist and arm"

"Okay and any piercings anywhere?"

"My nose" I responded and she nodded her head.

"Before I go, if you could have another name what would you choose?" Grace asked.

Amina" I responded and she nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~

I was all done and I looked amazing, I still didn't know why Kacey brought me here but I never asked. I had my stud nose piercing and "444" on my wrist.

I was then following Grace into a room. I walked in and it had a camera, there was a white background.

"Stand here" Grace pointed and I did so.

There's what looked like a big ID but I stood where there was a square hole too have my face in. I smiled once I realized Grace was about to snap the picture.

"You like this one?" She asked and I nodded

After waiting for what seemed like forever Grace came back with a card in her hand. She gave it to me and I looked to see it was my ID.

"What? I already have a ID, I don't need this one-"

"Trust me, you do" He responded before I left

I went to go find Kacey and seen that he was on the couch on his phone. "Kacey what was the purpose of this?"

"Here" he took out a picture of me. "Look at the old one and look at your ID"

"I look different..." I looked at the two photos, then looked at myself in the mirror.

"That's the point" He responded

"But this ID is wrong, it doesn't say my name, it says Amina Washington" I said confused.

"I'll give your brain time to process this since you can't seem to get why you're here" He sighed.

I did look better than before though, I liked this new makeover but I didn't know why this was a requirement.

"I'm ready to go" I told him and he nodded.

"Bye Grace" I gave her a hug. "Thanks for the makeover"

She laughed a bit."No problem Amina"

"My name is JaMiyah" I corrected

She smiled a bit. "You should get going, Kacey's outside"

I nodded my head and followed Kacey into the car. "You like your new look?"

"yea..I guess, but nothing was wrong with how I looked before" I told him

"I know"

"So why did I have to change? I wasn't good enough" I questioned

He sighed. "It has nothing to do with that Amina, go by that now"

"I like JaMiyah better" I mumbled as I folded my arms

"Whatever, just know we got shit to do tomorrow"

~~~~~

Mhm whatchu think was happening in this chapter?