Girl Fight!

The moment I stepped into the girls' bathroom I knew I was not alone. It was too quiet. Not the peaceful quiet I had had on Saturday when I had woken up early and everyone was still in bed. No, this quiet was the kind of quiet in the woods when prey have realized that a predator is around, and they needed to hide. But I was not prey.

Inconspicuously shifting my weight to the balls of my feet, I was prepared when a punch came at me from behind the stall to my right. Dodging away, I threw my fluffy towel at my opponent in order to create a distraction.

But they were not alone. As soon as I had thrown the towel, I felt my legs getting swept out from under me. I fell on the bathroom tiles. Urgh, that was going to bruise. Springing to my feet before they could take advantage of my position, I drew my hands up in guard position.

That's when I saw my attackers, a girl with maroon-terracotta hair and sky-blue eyes and a girl with neck-length blonde hair and golden eyes. Who were these girls and why did they feel like they could attack me, or anyone, in the bathroom? However, I did not get a chance to act before they sprang again to attack. Dodging blow for blow, I quickly tired of this charade. I had barely broken a sweat while the other two were breathing hard, even the blonde whose ability was speed. They could not land a hit on me, and that was pissing them off, so they began attacking wildly.

However, all this time I had been backing away, getting closer and closer to the window. Unbeknownst to them, my power had called upon a Wisteria plant that grew on the side of the building to extend. In one fell swoop, I crouched down as the plant burst through the bathroom windows and enveloped the girls.

"Girls, girls, has no one ever told you its impolite to interrupt someone in the bathroom?"

I wag my finger, then go pick up my dropped towel and hang it on a hook. I can hear the girls struggling to break free, but I'm not done yet. Turning the shower knob to hot, I take off my wet clothing and step into the hot cascading water. Ahh! My muscles relax and I direct a small amount of healing towards the bruising on my knees. Turning off the water, I wrap my hair in the towel and put my bathrobe on.

Approaching the girls, who are both red in the face from trying to escape the Wisteria, I give them a dark stare.

"If you bother me again, I'll make sure you never forget it. Do. Not. Mess. With. Me."

Then I release them, and they scurry away, running out of the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, I see that my hardened glare is still on my face. Breathing in and out for ten counts, I ease the tension in my facial muscles and put on a more pleasing smile. I would not want to frighten anyone on my way back.

In our living room, Evie has laid out the takeout on the coffee table. She decided to go with sushi and has ordered at least ten different kinds.

"I couldn't decide what to get you, so I got a bunch of different ones. I hope this is ok."

"I'm so hungry I could eat a horse and this all looks fantastic. Thank you, Evie!"

Soon, the sushi has disappeared from the plates and into our stomachs. I glance at my watch and I see that it is now four. I help Evie clear the plates and then I step into my room.

I jump onto my bed and lay on my back, taking out my phone and hit one to speed dial John.