Evie vs. Terrance and Sera vs. Roland

I knew why Sera had partnered Evie with Terrance. They were both shy and had slight builds. They would be equally matched, that is if they ever got around to making a move. It seemed like hours had gone by since we had sat down to watch Evie and Terrance and they had yet to throw a punch. They were in a sparring position with their arms in guard position, and bouncing on the balls of their feet, ready to spring forward and attack though they never did.

Whispering to Sera who was seated on my left, "Do you think we should say something?"

"Hajime!!! Go!" shouted Sera.

Finally, Evie threw a punch. It was a relatively weak punch aimed at Terrance's nose, easily defendable but it seemed like Terrance was caught off guard. He had only time to twist his face, preventing a bloody nose but probably ending up with a bruised cheek if not a black eye.

With that the fight began in earnest. Terrence backed up due to Evie's punch but came back with another aimed for her stomach. Evie used a lower block to redirect the attack but missed the second punch. It was poorly aimed so it only hit her shoulder, but it looked like it hurt as Evie winced.

Now Evie was holding her shoulder and Terrance had moved out of her range and was holding a hand to his cheek. It seemed like Evie recovered first as she went in strong with the uninjured arm, going for a jab to Terrance's face and then drawing back for a front kick to his stomach. Terrance was able to duck under the jab but missed blocking the kick. And since her ducked under the jab, his lowered bent posture meant that Evie's kick was perfectly aligned with his groin. Ouch! That had to hurt!

Terrence was down, in the grass.

"Stop" called out Sera. "Fight is over, Evie you've one this one."

Evie was crouched over Terrance, frantically apologizing.

John snorted. "That fight was more amusing than I thought it would be."

Sera looked past me and glared at John. John looked bemused.

"Come on, tell me you did not find that the least bit funny."

"Roland, you're with me. Let's give Evie and Terrance a break."

With that Sera got up, head held high, and traversed to the field taking a spot opposite of Roland.

Roland looked very intimidated by Sera, and probably hated that John had gotten her upset right before his match with her. Do not worry, Sera will go easy on you. Well, probably not, I revised as I saw Sera was still fuming. No wonder Sera and John got along so well; they were both so easy to anger.

Sera and Roland were a more interesting pairing. Roland, clearly more of a beginner than Sera, was hesitant to strike first. Unfortunately, that was not a problem for Sera who pounced on Roland like she was a cheetah and he was a gazelle. She came in fast with multiple combinations of punches and kicks. Roland was quickly designated to a purely defensive position. She was not leaving him any room to attack, the only way he would get the upper hand now was if she made a mistake or if she tired before him. Either way, it seems like this fight was over before it even began.

Roland was badly outmatched by Sera. His defense started to give way, leaving him open to more and more strikes from Sera. One final sidekick and he was down on his back in the grass. Sera lowered her hands and extended her right to help Roland up.

"Good job, Roland. Remember to keep your guard up and work on your stamina."

"Thanks, Sera. I've been working on it by running every day as you suggested."

Sera and Roland then walked back to the bleachers and took out their water bottles.

"Eloise, John, it's your turn."