two

February 11th, 1990San Diego, California

February 11th, 1990
San Diego, California

today was the day of the concert and i was shitting bricks. what if this whole thing goes totally wrong? maybe i just need to stop stressing, right? i took a few deep breaths before stepping out of the shower.

i wrapped the towel tightly around my body and walked back to room. i browsed through my closet and decided on an outfit.

once i was ready, i tossed my keys around my hands and locked the front door behind me. i hopped into my car, and started it before driving off. the nerves were really getting to me right now. i had butterflies and felt like i was gonna throw up.

as soon as i got to the arena, i parked my car and headed inside. wait, how am i supposed to even find them? "hello miss, are you elle thompson?" a security guard asked, approaching me.

"uh yeah, that's me" i smiled. "great, follow me" he waved and i followed closely behind, being careful to not get lost in the wave of girls.

"here you are" he smiled, before walking away. "uh thanks?" i asked, more to myself. i wasn't sure who's dressing room this was, so i lightly knocked, and waited for a response. "elle! You made it!" the voice exclaimed.

i looked up and sighed out, once i realized it was just nikki. "yeah" i smiled, walking into the room. it was pretty messy with his hair stuff and outfits all over the place.

"i was hoping the security people would bring the right person back" he chuckled, making me break into a smile. "oh?" i questioned. "yeah, i just gave them a description of you" he shrugged, plopping down on the leather couch.

i decided to stay standing. god knows how many chicks he's fucked on that couch already. "well, you wanna go see everyone else?" he asked and i slowly nodded my head. i was fine with mick and vince, but tommy?....that's a different story.

as nikki led me through the hallway, we arrived at another black door. "whose dressing room is this?" i asked, as he opened the door. my questions were answered as soon as the door opened. vince had a girl bent over as he grabbed her hair. i just gagged before running out of the room.

"what the fuck dude?" vince asked. "sorry" nikki apologized before closing the door and walking back to me. "that wasn't funny" i sighed, as nikki burst out laughing. "whatever. let's go see what mick's up to."

nikki knocked on the door a few times and slowly opened it, peering in to make sure i wouldn't be scarred. mick sat on the couch, strumming chords on his guitar.

"hey mick! we've got a guest" nikki shouted, making mick sigh before putting down his guitar and walking over. "how've you been kid" he waved. "i've been fine, what about you old man?" i joked, earning an eye roll from him.

as nikki and i made our way to backstage, my breath hitched in my throat as i noticed who was walking towards us. "yo nik, who's the chick?" he asked, nodding towards me. i felt a slight amount of hurt but quickly shook it off.

"elle? you don't remember her?" nikki asked, as tommy shook his head. "give us one sec. maybe go see if vince is ready" nikki asked, pulling tommy to the side. "yeah, sure" i mumbled, walking back down the hallway.

"vince? i'm about to open this door, so i swear if-" the door swung open as a girl stepped out as she was doing up her bra. she gave me a dirty glare before flipping her hair and strutting away. "elle? holy shit is that you?" vince asked, eyeing me up and down.

"yeah it's me" i giggled, "damn! it's good to see you" he chuckled, trying to bring me in for a hug. "yeah once you shower i might give you a hug" i smirked, pushing him away.

as i walked backstage with vince this time, i bit my lip the whole time. i knew that nikki pulled tom away so he could give him shit for not remembering me. "you have five minutes" one roadie announced, walking over to vince and i.

vince just threw an arm over my shoulder and pulled me over to where the rest of the band stood, drinking up a storm. i stood to the side awkwardly, as they all made conversation.

"hey, can I talk to you?" someone asked. i looked up and tommy stood over me, a nervous look on his face. "uh sure" i mumbled, following him to the hallway. "listen, i'm sorry for not recognizing you" he apologized.

"uh It's fine" i softly smiled, fumbling with my fingers. "we're having an after party at our hotel tonight. wanna join?" he asked, the childish grin on his face. "i'll see."

the boys' show was really good, and i sat backstage the whole time, watching them from the side. ss they walked offstage, my smiled grew wider. i was so proud of everything they've achieved. they really do deserve it all.

i climbed into my car after finding out which hotel the party was at. yes, i decided to go. for what reason? i wanted to see tommy again. although, he would probably be getting involved with groupies, leaving me jealous. again. i really need to stop putting myself through that.

i parked my car and made my way inside, already knowing where to go as the band had arrived before i did. i followed all the girls up to the fifth floor, where they all flooded into the rooms.

i stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. "hey, elle. have a drink" nikki smiled, tossing a beer at me. "i have to- drive home" i started but stopped once i noticed nikki wasn't around anymore.

i really have no use here, so i think i'm just gonna go home. should i leave my number for them?

i stood by the nightstand, writing my number down, and lightly tucking it under whoever's pillow this was. i decided to quickly get out of there before anyone noticed. luckily no one did, so i climbed into my car and drove home.