twenty one

february 6th, 1991Los Angeles, California

february 6th, 1991
Los Angeles, California

"thank you for these...they'll be of good use" i laughed, taking a bunch of dads vinyls he didnt want anymore. "of course...i knew you'd want them" he smiled.

"well i should probably get to work. i'll see you soon" i spoke, giving dad a hug before saying my goodbyes to ava too. "have fun at work, hun" ava smiled.

before heading to work, i had to stop at a gas station. i was almost out of gas, and i was craving a chocolate bar. i needed some sweets before work.

i filled the tank and went inside to see what i wanted. i decided on some twix and aero. "is that all for you today?" the man who stood at the counter asked. i debated for a few seconds on buying cigarettes but quickly nodded.

i passed the money to him and nodded as i turned on my heels to walk away. just before i left the store, i noticed a rack with magazines. that one that caught my eye tho was the one with a picture of tommy and heather.

i quickly furrowed my brows and picked it up. my jaw dropped to the floor as i read the cover. "tommy lee cheats on heather locklear."

i quickly flipped to the page inside and read the details. supposedly tommy cheated on her with an adult star, huh. guess i was right when i said they wouldnt last long.

as i headed to work, that was all i could think about. this is the first time i've though about tommy in months. hell, i havent even had contact with him since i saw him and heather at the whisky back in october.

in this case, i couldnt help but feel bad for heather. but at the same time, i had no right. i knew how to feel in this exact situation. heather was bound to leave him after this.

as soon as i got to work, my motley obsessed co worker, kelly was quick to tell me what happened. she had no clue that i was even friends with them.

"you think i have a chance with tommy now?" kelly joked, as she restocked the fridge. i just fake laughed before shaking my head. "i doubt it."

for the next eight hours, all i heard was kelly talk about how much she loved tommy - and all boys for that fact. but she just kept going on and on.

"tommy is the hottest guy in my life" she sighed, her eyes forming hearts. i couldnt help but feel sick again. "i'll be right back" i quickly spoke before quickly going outside.

as soon as i got a few breaths of fresh air i instantly felt better. knowing i shouldnt, i bummed a cigarette off a passer by and lit it up. i was doing so well and i just ruined my streak.

~

"hello?" my groggy voice answered. "did you just wake up?" vince laughed, letting out a slight snort. "yes" i sighed, letting out a huge yawn. "anyways, what do you want?" i quickly asked.

"was wondering if you wanted to go out for lunch?" he asked. i really didnt want to leave the house today, but after much thought i unfortunately agreed. "alright."

it took me about an hour to get ready, as well as an extra fifteen minutes to meet him. "hey elle" vince greeted, as i sat down across from him. "hey vince" i returned.

"can i get a beer, please" i smiled to the waitress. "and for you sir?" "just a water" he nodded. "are you fully sober now, or?" i asked. "mostly, yeah" he nodded with a smile.

i knew nikki had been doing good, but i hadnt gotten the chance to check up on anyone else. "whats with you though?" vince asked. "what do you mean?" i asked with a chuckle.

"you're looking depressed" he admitted. "nah, just tired from work" i sigh. "did you hear about the tommy situation?" he quickly brought up.

"yeah, saw it in a magazine yesterday" i nod as our drinks arrived. i downed that beer as fast as i could. "you should probably slow down" vince laughed.

"how's tommy doing though?" i cautiously asked. i didnt wanna seem to invested in him. "no ones been able to get a hold of him" he started. his face rested but then turned to a smirk.

"vince, no" i quickly spoke, already knowing what he was about to say. "i didnt even say anything yet." "yeah but i know what you're gonna say, and its a no" i firmly spoke.

"why not? you're probably the only person he'll talk to" vince shrugged. "yeah, but im done with him." vince looked at me with a shocked face before bursting out in laughter.

"oh cmon vince"i scowled, rolling my eyes. "you're done with him my ass" he laughed. i crossed my arms and sat back as i gave him the death stare. "cmon elle, we all know you still love tommy" he shrugged.

"i dont, and im tired of having this conversation" i sighed. why does everyone think my life revolves around tommy. he's not even that special. im better off without him.

"fine, i was just suggesting" he backed off as his arms went into a surrender position. "i think i need another beer" i admitted. "no, im cutting you off" vince smirked.

i only raised my middle finger before sliding my sunglasses onto my face. i felt like a wreck right now. more specifically, a wreck that was gonna go home and cry.

"did i upset you?" vince questioned, noticing something was wrong. "no, you're fine" i promised, with my signature fake smile. gets em everytime.