eleven

March 9th, 1990Minneapolis, Minnesota

March 9th, 1990
Minneapolis, Minnesota

"travel safe" mick spoke, nodding his head at blair and i. "you too" i smiled. "i'll see you two soon" nikki smiled, engulfing me in a bone crush hug. "cant breathe" i squeaked, pulling apart from his grip.

"last call for gate 3" the speakers yelled out. "we gotta go! bye guys" i waved to everyone as blair and i separated from the group so we could catch our flight.

"i cant wait to go home" blair sighed out, sitting down with her eyes closed. "me too...weirdly enough i miss work" i laughed. "i thought i was the only one! i miss the weird old guys, they tip so well" she sighed. i just let out a giggle. i loved blair.

~

when we got back to san diego, i immediately felt a weight lift off my shoulders. it felt so great to be back home. being on the road just isnt for me. i just stayed home most the time when i was with tommy.

"hey blair?" i spoke, catching her off guard. "whats up?" she questioned, as i helped her bring her suitcases into her apartment. "at the party a few days ago...tommy kissed me" i spoke.

her jaw dropped to the floor. "what do you mean he kissed you?" she questioned. "we were just talking about whatever, and then next thing you know, his lips were on mine" i shrugged, closing the door behind me.

"but he's with heather?" "thats why im confused!" i sighed, feeling like ripping the hair from my scalp. "so then maybe he's still in love with you, like how youre in love with him" she smirked. i only raised my middle finger in response.

"i already told you im over him" i rolled my eyes. "its clear youre not, girl" she laughed, setting her bag down on the bed. "okay, okay whatever. i saw you with greg the other night...how was that?"

"quick bathroom fuck" she shrugged. "nice, you get his number?" i asked. "no, he just kinda left fast" she frowned. "you just need to find a normal guy...not a rockstar" i smiled. "so do you" she eyed. "i know."

after not much longer, i headed back to my place. it still smelt the same, and everything was in place. except there was a little more dust laying around. i just had to wipe a few things down.

being alone after a while was good. ever since i moved to san diego, i was used to being alone and not relying on others. plus i could play my music as loud as i wanted. it was win.

March 15th, 1990
San Digeo, California

i sat on my couch all day, thinking about what went down between tommy and i at the party in green bay. the telephone brought me out of my thoughts, so i quickly sighed before making my way to the kitchen.

"hello?" i spoke. "hey its nikki, um i wanted to give you the details and stuff for tour" he spoke. "yeah about that..." i trailed off, wrapping the wire around my finger a few times.

"whats going on?" he questioned, concern clearly in his voice. "i dont think im gonna come back on tour with you guys" i shrugged. my stomach was doing so many flips. i felt like i was letting nikki down.

"what's the reason?" "last time we were on the road i just missed home, and besides i dont wanna get fired for being gone too long" i lied. "are you sure?" he confirmed. "yes" i nodded.

"what about blair?" "i'll have to talk to her, but i think she's in the same boat as me" i spoke. "okay, thanks for letting me know" nikki spoke from the phone. "sorry for letting you down" i apologized.

"hey! dont apologize, its your life" he chuckled slightly. "you're right...i'll talk to you soon" i smiled before saying my goodbyes and hanging up the phone. whew that was over and i felt relieved.

next, i called up blair. "whats up, bestie?" she questioned, a smile clearly in her voice. "are you wanting to go back on tour?" i questioned. "uh not sure...what are you doing?" "im staying here" i shrugged.

"okay! i'll stay too" she agreed. "you sure?" i asked. "one hundred percent" she nodded. "alright! whens your next shift?" i questioned, changing the subject. "tonight, you?" "me too."

i hadnt been at work for like a month, so i was excited to be back. the boys already said they'd help with my rent while we were on the road, but i didnt want to leave them with that responsibility. i liked being able to support myself.

"hey elle! it's been a while, where were you?" my coworker, janet questioned. "i was uh in l.a with my dad" i lied, sharing an awkward smile. "she's lying, we were on tour with motley crue" blair spoke, walking past me.

"you know motley crue? are you a groupie?" janet asked, dead serious. "no, just an old friend" i lightly spoke. "oh, sorry" she smiled, sending me an empathetic look. "its okay" i shrugged, before going out to the bar.

~

"morning paul" i smiled, entering the record store. "how are ya, elle?" he questioned, with a cigarette hanging from his mouth. "im alright! how are you?" i smiled, leaning on the front counter.

"ive been good, kid. i havent seen you in a while" he spoke, cocking his left brow. i came here at least once a week. "yeah, just been busy" i shrugged, reaching into my bag.

"i know how much you love motley, so i got a signed record for you" i smiled, handing him the dr feelgood vinyl that was signed by all four of the guys. "this is amazing!" he exclaimed, taking it into his own hands.

"how did you get this?" he asked, in awe. "i know some people" i smirked, before making my way to the metal section. making people happy was genuinely the highlight of my day. i loved doing it.

i picked out skid row's self titled album and the cult's sonic temple before returning to the counter. "great choices" he nodded, entering the prices into his calculator.

"for the gift, i'll give ya one of them for free" he smiled. "oh no its okay, im fine with paying the full amount" i nodded with a smile. it only took my eyes to convince paul. "fine" he jokingly rolled his eyes before taking the money.

"youre the best" i smiled, taking the vinyls into my arm. "be safe" he nodded as i headed towards the door. "you too" i smiled, nodding my head once before exiting the store.