twenty two

February 22nd, 1991 Los Angeles, California

February 22nd, 1991
Los Angeles, California

"how's tommy holding up?" i asked, sipping my coke through a straw. "not great" nikki sighed. "tom will barely talk to any of us, and we gotta get back into the studio and rehearse for the tour this year" he explained.

"right..." i nodded, completely forgetting they were going on tour again for a bit. it wasnt till closer to the end of the year, but they had more music to make and stuff.

"have you talked to him?" he questioned, making me quickly shake my head. "nope" i spoke, finishing the rest of my french fries. "maybe you should" he shrugged.

"no way...he's not gonna listen to anything i say" i scoffed. "im not forcing you...just suggesting" he added. i loved nikki so much. he was much more level headed than vince was, and he always gave me a choice. well, most the time.

"i just dont want to get involved in all that stuff again...life has been good recently" i nodded. "i get that, i just want the old tommy back and not whatever the fuck he's become" he frowned slightly.

"i heard he hasnt been showing up for practices and stuff" i spoke. "yeah, its not just that...he's definitely slipped back into the drugs and stuff, and whenever i see him he's always got a girl by his side."

when nikki said that my stomach churned. even though i was over him - at least i thought, whenever i heard about any other girl with him i still got jealous. it was stupid.

for just a second, i considered talking to him. but i quickly shook that thought off. i cant always be the one to help him, he's gotta learn to help himself sometimes. plus, i cant save him if he doesnt wanna be saved.

"well, thanks for lunch" i smiled, giving him a quick side hug as we exited the restaurant. "of course" he nodded, returning the smile. "i'll see you soon, and i'll definitely come meet gunner soon too."

"goodnight, elle" taylor smiled as we both headed our seperate ways. "night" i spoke, before unlocking my car. today was a chill shift since there wasnt any big shows or anything, but boy was i tired.

as soon as i got home, i parked in the driveway and noticed a figure sitting on the front steps. with confusion, i cautiously walked up to them. that's when i realized it was tommy.

"tommy, what are you doing here?" i softly spoke. he looked up at me, and from the moonlight i could tell his face was all cut and bruised. he didnt respond, so i quickly kneeled in front of him and cupped his face.

"what happened to you" i sympathized, my eyes softening as tommy avoided eye contact. "cmon" i spoke, grabbing his hand. i unlocked the door and led him into the kitchen and sat him down at the table.

looking at him in the light, his face was much worse than i thought. i quickly grabbed the first aid kit from the bathroom and returned to him. i grabbed the alcohol and put some on a cotton swab before placing it on his cuts.

he winced slightly and i was immediately aplogizing. "its okay" he mumbled. my mouth slightly turned into a smile as soon as i heard his voice again, but a frown quickly took over.

he looked bad, and fuck did he look depressed. "are you okay?" i asked, sitting across from him. i took his hands into mine, as he finally made eye contact. "no." he spoke.

"whats going on?" i questioned. "im fucking stupid" he spoke. i didnt say anything, and sat there waiting for him to hopefully explain why he was here.

"i cant believe i cheated on heather...i love her and she loved me and i did that" he spoke, looking into the abyss. "i lost someone amazing in my life" he sighed.

i could relate to everything he said, and when this happened to me, i felt the exact same way. i couldnt believe i had done that someone who loved me with all their heart.

"we've both been in this situation before...i get it" i delicately spoke. it was weird to talk about this, but i had no clue what else to say. "you dont get it" he shook his head.

i just quieted down and looked away. "what happened to your face?" i quietly asked. "a fight, doesnt matter" he shrugged. "it does matter tommy...you got hurt" i sighed, running a hand through my hair.

im sure tommy noticed how much he was stressing me out. his face softened as he watched my every move. "elle, im sorry" he apoligized. "i need a minute" i sighed, before leaving the room.

i quickly exited the house and sat on the front steps. it was slightly chilly, so i cursed at myself for not grabbing a sweater. i bit my lip as i examined the pack of cigarettes.

without thinking, i pulled one out and put it to my lips. i grabbed the lighter and lit it up until smoke drifted away into the night. i wish tommy didnt come here tonight, cause now i miss him again.

tommy showed up beside me, making me look away and stomp out the cancer stick. "elle, if i said something wrong im sorry" he apologized. i just stayed quiet and looked straight ahead.

"i know your emotions take over, but you have no right to tell me i dont get what your saying" i spoke from the silence. "sorry, im just caught up on this heather shit" he sighed.

"listen...people come and go all the time, and maybe its a sign she wasnt the right one" i explained, turning towards him. he just nodded along to what i was saying.

"you're right...i know who the right one is" he nodded. he made eye contact with me as he said that sentence. the eye contact made me extremely intimidated. he'd never made me feel like this before.

"stay the night" i spoke.